RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2017, 01:16 PM   #71

Newmar Owners Club
Your kidding right

jarata is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2017, 09:35 PM   #72

Well no, I wasn't kidding, but since the path has changed we got the TT home and loaded it for an early morning bugout.

bfisher003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:16 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamicamper View Post
Today here in Miami is actually sunny and beautiful. The calm before the storm I guess lol. Maybe this is all hype! Haha. (I wish) Yeah unfortunately I wasn't able to get to Atlanta. I had thought about doing that as well but it was a little too late. I'm not in a flood zone but we do have a drainage issue around our neighborhood and the water has come halfway up our yard on the past and I'm hoping this time it doesn't get any further than that. But we aren't officially in a flood zone. I just filled up the gray tank, the black tank and the freshwater tank to weigh the trailer down. I pulled the jacks up and chocked the wheels. I made sure the tires were full of air. I unplugged everything from my house and pulled the slide in. I have an awning over the RV and on the other side of the house over my carport and I'm gonna cut the ropes on those because those are bound to blow away. The RV is nestled in between my house and the neighbors, there is an oak tree or some type of tree nearby (I'm not positive it's oak, but it's definitely not a palm tree) and it has the risk of flying off and hitting the RV so I'll keep my fingers crossed and hopefully it'll not hit it. The last thing I just got in today from Amazon is two 30 foot long ratchet straps. My buddy is going to come by tomorrow and help me drill the anchors in the concrete pad and I'm gonna try to buckle down the RV. I'm hoping they reach. 30 feet is the longest they had. But thank you guys for all the responses and well wishes. You've guys have helped me come up with great ideas and I feel like you guys are here with me! I'll let you know next week how I make out! Thanks so much again!
I like the idea of strapping the RV down, but a little concerned about the areas of the roof where the straps will be riding. I'm thinking maybe running your straps over the trailer's frame might be a better plan? One in front over the A-frame area, the second in back, just ahead of the rear bumper.

Also, I would consider the potential for the house to flood. I'd be pretty tempted to raise valuables and difficult to replace "stuff" as high as I could, getting them up off the floor and onto tables and counter tops at the very least. A second floor if available, even better! A few minutes of thought and action now could really make a difference in your loss if it does flood! Anything that happens that way will almost always be at your expense....
Old 09-08-2017, 07:33 AM   #74

Monaco Owners Club
for sure, do not put a lot of pressure on the roof with straps ! it will fold like cardboard, tying the frame down is better....

best of luck to you !
Old 09-13-2017, 04:20 AM   #75

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
How did it go OP?
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:10 PM   #76

Thanks for asking! It survived!! No issues whatsoever. I filled the gray water, black water and fresh water tanks up and the fact that it was parked between the two houses seemed to help. I lost my fence and a few trees and the cleanup has been crazy but otherwise we made it out ok. We have a trip planned for fort wilderness next weekend and now we are hoping it opens up. Latest news i heard is they think it'll reopen by Monday! Hanks for all your help and tips. Very much appreciated. Now let's hope hurricane Jose stays away!!
Miamicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:19 PM   #77

Winnebago Owners Club
Like MiamiCamper, we stayed, and rode it out in Jax, no issues here either (just lucky, I know).
HAD we left when we first made our go/no-go decision it would have been when the predicted storm track showed it going up the east coast, so we would have gone north and west - right into the actual track of the storm.

Sometimes doing nothing IS the right thing...
Old 09-15-2017, 07:50 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamicamper View Post
Thanks for asking! It survived!! No issues whatsoever. I filled the gray water, black water and fresh water tanks up and the fact that it was parked between the two houses seemed to help. I lost my fence and a few trees and the cleanup has been crazy but otherwise we made it out ok. We have a trip planned for fort wilderness next weekend and now we are hoping it opens up. Latest news i heard is they think it'll reopen by Monday! Hanks for all your help and tips. Very much appreciated. Now let's hope hurricane Jose stays away!!
Glad to hear you came through OK. Thanks to you and all the first responders who hold down the fort during disasters!

Regards,

John

johns1959 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hurricane