Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2015, 03:43 PM   #1

Questions for RV Resort Site Owners?

I am contemplating buying a site at a RV resort, but I have some questions? We would have a Casita built on our lot and it would be our home. I asked the Resort rep, but I do not totally trust his answer being he is a salesman.

1) Most parks have age restrictions which this one does also. It is no motorhomes over 10 years old. Does this pertain to Owner's also. My coach is two years old now and we do not plan on getting another one. Will this be an issue 8 years from now.

2) I know this will not be an investment, but would I loose everything I put in it if by chance we had to sell and move?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2015, 03:49 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
1. Get a copy of the HOA bylaws for the resort development. That will spell this out in detail. Usually, it's 10 years or management approval. So if your RV is a good condition there's usually no problem. At our summer place (Hearthside Grove) there's a number of older "classic" Prevost conversions. No issue with them, they're all well maintained. Our coach is almost 8 (model) years old, and I don't expect to have any issue with it for many years.

2. Not sure I understand the question. If you sell, you get what it's worth when you sell it. Might be more than you paid for it, especially if it's a popular resort and they're done building more lots. Or the opposite could be true. A well built and maintained casita should increase the value. But maybe not by as much as it cost you to build it.

Also, be sure that the resort allows for year-round, full-time residency. Some don't because of local zoning laws.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:18 PM   #3

Each place will be different. You'll have to really get definite information from the park you're considering. Also, keep in mind that some parks won't let you or other sleep in the casita. If you buy, get it all in writing. Good luck.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote