Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2015, 12:50 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quick & easy windshield wiper covers

I was cutting lengths of 1" diameter foam pipe cover to make edge guards for the slides on our newly acquired Class A (to keep from getting whacked on the head when they are extended and you bend under them). DH commented that the foam pipe cover would also make an excellent cover for the windshield wiper blades. Tried it and he was right! The covers pop on from underneath, easy to put on, easy to take off.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2015, 01:12 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just happen to have some of that, guess I'll give it a try. Thanks for the tip.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 01:24 PM   #3

I split two bright orange pool noodles lengthwise down one side. I then fit one on each of the lower awning support rods. This does reduce my bruises when I walk into the awning rods
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 08:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti Brown View Post
I was cutting lengths of 1" diameter foam pipe cover to make edge guards for the slides on our newly acquired Class A (to keep from getting whacked on the head when they are extended and you bend under them). DH commented that the foam pipe cover would also make an excellent cover for the windshield wiper blades. Tried it and he was right! The covers pop on from underneath, easy to put on, easy to take off.
Yep, I've been protecting my wiper blades that way for several years while the MH is in storage. Works great.
Old 09-23-2015, 02:29 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Besides the split foam wiper covers, I use a tennis ball under the wiper arm to unload pressure on the blade. Wiper blades last longer.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbarber View Post
Besides the split foam wiper covers, I use a tennis ball under the wiper arm to unload pressure on the blade. Wiper blades last longer.
I've been using a clothespin, which I can shorten to the proper length to just lift the blade off the windshield. I may try the tennis balls.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:50 PM   #7

Wondering if you guys/gals drive with the split foam and/or tennis ball installed?
leesdx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:57 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesdx1 View Post
Wondering if you guys/gals drive with the split foam and/or tennis ball installed?
Not intentionally. But it has happened. (Or so I've been told.)
Old 09-23-2015, 11:08 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti Brown View Post
DH commented that the foam pipe cover would also make an excellent cover for the windshield wiper blades. Tried it and he was right! The covers pop on from underneath, easy to put on, easy to take off.
Yep, quite a few people do that, mine are laying beside the MH now. Guess I need to pick them up and put them on.
I need to find a pool noodle so I can make some pads for the new 15.5' pop up ladder. Don't want to lay the ladder against the side of the awning case without padding.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 01:04 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesdx1 View Post
I've forgotten mine and driven away with them still on the wiper blades. Sometimes they stay on, and sometimes they don't....! I had to make two new ones this year because I had lost both of them due to loosening with age and absent mindedly driving away with them still on.

Plus, they don't get the windshield very clean when it rains and you still have them on. :-)