Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #1

Ramsond inverters and company info?

Originally posted this in product evaluations. After reading closer that was the wrong forum since I asking for input not giving an eval. Anyway here's the question(s).

Just came across a Ramsond Inverter on ebay and decided to check out the company. They are based here in the Detroit area. They've only been around a few years but manufacture some of their products here in Michigan(don't know about all their products). I love the fact that they're not only American but also in Michigan. They have a wide range of products, not just solar.
Just wondering if anybody has any experience with the company or their products. If so could you please share? Planning on adding a couple solar panels and another battery(currently only one battery) this spring(already read Handy Bob's blogs,the puzzle and the others). Would like to shop local but don't want to spend that kind of money on a company that I have no info on.
Thanks for any input.

If it won't budge, hit it harder or get a bigger hammer.
RLKBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2012, 05:06 AM   #2

iRV2 No Limits Club
I am aware of them and looked at some of their products but as an example the solar panels are not UL listed and country of origin is China. I would be willing to bet their inverters are Chinese made as I have seen similar on Ebay. You can always call and or visit, I would be interested in what you find.

There are complaints and according to one poster they have a BBB rating of F.
http://www.generators.to/ramsond-cor...-approval.html
Shadowcatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:09 AM   #3

Yeah, after looking closer I did notice that their panels are not UL listed and there is a huge price difference when ordering direct from their website or from ebay. Also some of their products definitely looked like cheap China electronics. After reading the link you posted I think I will steer clear of them. Thanks.

If it won't budge, hit it harder or get a bigger hammer.
RLKBOB is offline   Reply With Quote