Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2019, 06:37 PM   #29
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by igave View Post
Start watching for a rant from someone about their badly made tires and wheels/brake parts/axles that failed. Common sense can’t be bought, I’m thinking but you’d hope at least a sliver of it would rub off on some of the folks like that one.
He probably had just put on brand new China Bombs !
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2019, 08:58 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverforest View Post
62 ft just about my limit. not bad on the interstate, but a little tight in the campground/boat ramp...
My rig with bike and toad is 61' and have only had to release the toad twice. I'm getting better but don't want to be any longer.

I found a pic taken from a closer distance.Click image for larger version

Name:	Double%20tow1.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	237618
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:58 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvethereyet View Post
Just wondering. Did you try to flag him/her down? Let them know they were having a tire problem.

Like someone said they may have been on their way to spring break. Maybe a first time driver and did nt even know he had a problem.

How many discussions have talked about needing tpms on the toad because you cannot feel the toad's issues.

Kinda scary though

No- I didn’t try to flag him down. If he didn’t have sense enough to pull over I didn’t need to be dealing with him. He knew he had a problem- he was running slow on the interstate with his flashers on. He definitely knew he had a problem.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:33 PM   #32

[QUOTE=oldbird1965;4670743]OK, I'll bite. Never have had a class C but have considered downsizing into one. Why do I read negative stuff about them?[/QUOTE}

Saw your post directly beneath mine and now see that my reply may have given the wrong impression. I wouldn't look down on any type of RV. Everyone has different tastes and needs. We all choose the kind of RV that fits us best.

Based on the OP's description of events, I just got the feeling that this particular driver's goal was to get the trailer to its destination as cheaply as possible. I suppose there's a chance the class c driver didn't realize the trailer had flats but with him driving slow with flashers on, I can't imagine that being the case.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:39 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
No- I didn’t try to flag him down. If he didn’t have sense enough to pull over I didn’t need to be dealing with him. He knew he had a problem- he was running slow on the interstate with his flashers on. He definitely knew he had a problem.
jt
Good grief, why didn't you call 911 and get him off the road?!
Idiots like that need to have the cops called on them.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:43 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Had a Class C pulling a trailer arrive here at Perry FMCA yesterday

Had to be the plaintiff.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:28 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
I don't think *47 will get anyone in GA or FL.
They use *47 in Alabama because they can't remember 911.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:41 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
I don't think *47 will get anyone in GA or FL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbird1965 View Post
OK, I'll bite. Never have had a class C but have considered downsizing into one. Why do I read negative stuff about them?
Well to play with the cool kids takes at least a 36"+ DP less than 10 years old...

Nothing wrong with a class C IMO. They certainly have some advantages over A's; better safety restraints and airbags on newer models , cheaper to replace windshields. Front body sections and parts you can actually find parts for. Windshield wipers that cost less than $30 each. Cheaper to buy.

The two negatives for me is the big overhang that shades the windshield and the narrow(er) cockpit. For me the Class A has that big picture window view and more living space for the same length.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:13 AM   #37

Local (Toledo, OH) news this morning reported police pulled over an automobile last night driving without 2 tires. Driver will be charged for pavement repairs. He did not understand the problem according to police. Surprisingly, alcohol was involved in this case!

Perhaps a relative of the person OP observed?
TCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:59 PM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
Good grief, why didn't you call 911 and get him off the road?!
Idiots like that need to have the cops called on them.
In retrospect, I probably should have. But I can tell you that I've tried calling for police on the road several times over the years for various infractions (apparent drunk, reckless driving, etc) before and it just never really seemed to generate any action. I guess they were too busy writing speeding tickets.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:56 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNC View Post
Class C's should be banned from the roadways! They are a threat to safety, serenity, virginity and the American way.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:11 AM   #40

I'm continuously surprised at the snark thinly veiled as humor in this forum.
Bonesteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:42 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
I don't hate them, but the level of skill needed to drive one isn't one that many of their owners possess. Take somebody that drives a Buick and put them into a Class C and seems that many of them don't make the transition from car to a large vehicle's limitations.

Drive in center or left lane, take up 3 parking places in front of WalMart instead of parking in perimeter spots, continue to not use turn signals, go off-pavement in CGs, making the shoulders even deeper. This isn't limited to Class C, but i notice more of those actions from that kind of RV.
Now we're denigrating Buick drivers? I love my Buick.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:49 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Yung2 Quit View Post
Now we're denigrating Buick drivers? I love my Buick.
Yeah, I'm with you, that's a rough comment about drivers. I went from a Honda Accord to a class C, and believe it or not... I'm not a total idiot. I don't do any of the things that were listed. I imagine you don't either. The negativity of this entire thread just seems to unnecessary. Lots of judging, lots of trans talking, not a lot of community.
Bonesteel is offline   Reply With Quote