Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2015, 11:52 AM   #1

Rear camera & Monitor

Has anyone upgraded their Black & White camera to a color? I have a 1998 Newmar Dutchstar.
LSepulveda is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2015, 02:44 PM   #2
paz

Are you asking about being able to use existing wiring of for a brand recommendation? If you want to use existing wiring, many of the camera manufacturers can also supply adapters to enable that. You'll need to look behind the monitor to see what kind of connectors your existing system has.

If you're asking about a brand recommendation, I didn't convert, but I recently added a system from Rear View Safety to our 5th wheel. I'm happy with the results.

PS: Rear View Safety does have cable adapters as does rvcams.com. If you call with info on what your existing connectors are, they can probably supply adapters even if they're not shown on the website.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 03:35 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Check out my post...and the link

puttin

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner

Thanks again for the posts- this forum is great. I've found a local tv shop and am having it repaired, and yes- the fuse was checked early on and there is power to the last connection pin. For those interested, these guys were a little more helpful in trying to find a replacement. Discount Mobile Video and Rear Observation Systems They had one that was nearly the exact measurement of my current one and there would have been minimal changes to the wiring and support bracket. The guy I spoke with there is Vaughn. Their unit would have been about $300.00 including shipping. The only thing his monitor didn't do was auto select the camera when you changed lanes- not a deal breaker for me since I use my mirrors anyway. The tv repairman estimates around $125.00 to fix mine

RV Cams was ok but they wanted to send me something that would have required extensive work to my rig...my current monitor does everything I need it to do and I saw no reason to go with a color one that costs hundreds more plus the time it would have taken to make it fit.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera