Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoo View Post
Each move to a new camper (DP, TT, FW, etc.) comes with its own reasons.

DH and DS, I decided if they wanted me to go camping, I wanted a camper.

OK, if DH may mean 'designated husband' and DW the opposite, what is DS?
Whizzer60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #16

I'd assume son
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #17

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizzer60 View Post
DH = Darling Husband
DS = Darling Son

I'm the DW. Dish Washer.
CBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #18

Trading incampers

DH had never camped and our first one was an Apache popup with one electrical outlet and a 1/4" mattrss.We had this for five yrs. Our next one was a hard sided Palomino Popup. Owned for a number of years, DH loves to camp. I got tired of 90lbs of covers and condensation on my face 0n a 30degree night. "I just wanted to be a spoiled brat and open the door and go into our next trailer. The next ne is a 1990 25ft. Classic HiLo. Easy to tow. We have restored this trailer from water damage and have repaired the least think that needs attention. I gave our Palomino to my sister and they keep it in good condition.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
We were lucky to be able to use my parents 27' 1994 Minnie Winnie for a few years. We were able to learn from the Winnie what we wanted in our own RV.

We didn't like the corner bed and looked for a walk around - got it.
We loved the floor plan - got one very similar.
I liked having the overhead bed, dh wanted an entertainment center - ours has a tv & single pull out bed over the cab.
We would have liked a little more space - we have 1 slide.

We know we are really lucky to have been able to 'borrow' an RV to try out before buying our own. We bought ourselves a 2004 31' Four Winds with 1 slide this summer and so far it's a perfect fit for us.
gmcwife1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:57 PM   #20
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizzer60 View Post
Could be Dear Sister.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:27 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Well, we just got a call from Thom's mom and dad and it seems they have just gone from what I think is a 5th wheel that was about 20 ft or so and no slides to one that is now 35ft and has 3 slides.

It also seems (according to them if anyone asks) that Thom and I bought it for them ............. Our response was "Oh!?! Um ..... Your Welcome!?!"
Old 10-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Over the years found ourselves using and enjoying the RV more, so wanted a larger coach. Previous was 28' with no slides, current is 37' with slides.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
We are selling our 38 ft Travel Supreme and have ordered a 43 ft Entegra.
We started off with one month trips and the 38 ft was great. Now we travel 3-4 months at a time and wanted a larger floor plan and 2 bathrooms. The 1.5 bath was the main "must have" for the DW. All of the computerized new toys are not bad either.
I love you Chuck. All kidding aside the misses and I are doing the one and done with our RV purchase. Once we buy our Anthem we're done. They have a floorplan we can use to it's fullest extent and be happy together without bumping into each other. I think that's the single most important thing other than price.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #24

DW and I tent camped for over 25 years - 5 of those with friends that have a 30 foot Gulfstream Class C. In August of 2011 we were with them in a torrential downpour and spend the evening in their RV watching movies. When we got to our tent, everything was soaked and I mean puddles on the floor soaked. My wife said that's it, we're buying an RV!

Needs were something that would sleep the 5 of us and no longer than 30 feet. Used but in good condition for it's age. We ended up with a 1995 Minnie Winnie with a corner bed and no slide. We went to Yellowstone for 10 days in the summer of 2012 and the DW said the next RV needs a walk around bed and a slide. I told her that would be a while...but I was wrong.

We loaned the RV to an acquaintance over labor day weekend. He totaled in on I-80 swearing he swerved to miss a deer. My guess is he was texting. His insurance company sent us a check and we bought our 1999 Minnie Winnie in October. It has a slide and walk around bed. We did a Colorado Mountain Town tour this past summer and loved the new to us RV. We've done several weekend trips and stayed a few nights in Wal Mart parking lots near my kids soccer tournaments.

We're thinking this one's a keeper...until the kids are out of the house in a few years.

Bondad

_
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Winnie 5.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	47142   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130831_165203_107.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	378.0 KB
ID:	47143  

Old 10-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #25

My progression was: as a teen my friends took me tent camping for the first time and I was hooked. In my 30's sleeping on the ground got old so I bought a 1969 home made 14 foot TT. A few years later I contracted hemorrhoids and hated using the stinky gross "Vault Toilets" at my local campgrounds so I bought a 1980 16 foot Shasta with a wet toilet. I liked the Shasta but, it had been used hard and the axel was bent so it was hard on tires. I sold it and bought a 1985 18 foot Coachman that had the bathroom in the middle and the dinette in the back. The fridge died on the Coachman and I didn't like that layout. With the bathroom in the middle the entire TT seems small and cramped. 2 years ago I found a 1993 Cobra Sunrise 20 foot TT. It has a couch in the front that folds down to a bed, a side dinette, and the bathroom in the back. I really, really, love this lay out. The bathroom in the back seems to open up the whole TT and it seems much roomier then what I had before. And, I like the side dinette which is on the right, or street, side because I can have breakfast in the morning and set in it and look at the lake. I love this one and would only give it up if I could afford a newer one with the same general lay out. But, this old girl is paid for and still in good shape so I have no plans to change.
Caveman CBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #26

When we finally sell, it will be because we can't afford the life-style (particularly fuels and CG costs) any more. We won't be "buying-on". How soon that will be, I'm not sure.

With our insurance (Allstate) we can suspend our on-the-road coverage, since our at-home storage is alongside the garage and the tail end of the RV is 20' from the street.

We have three daughtres and a son, all married with children. When we have big family gatherings, we use the MH as extra "motel rooms". There's room for two adults in the back bedroom, two teen siblings on the jack-knife sofa and two smaller kids on the dinette bed. We have power and water, so they have some independence form the house schedules. It has worked well four or five times in the last three years already and we'll probably be doing it again next August when my sister's 70th, DW's 70th and our 50th wedding anniversary are all within a week. Yeah, we got married on her 20th birthday! Boy does time ever fly!

I wonder whether we'll ever go out touring with the thing again. I hope so, because we do enjoy it.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
We moved to have more space and to adapt to our changing family needs.
We did some tent camping but didn't like flooding and with bad back the rocks and ground not good. We then got a popup with no ac , heat, or refrig or toilet, bare bones, used it for 10 years and had alot of fun with our kids. We then got a hybrid rt, then a 34' rt with two slides that we stored at beach. Recently we wanted more mobility to visit children and grandchildren, so we got a Winnebago access 2007 model 29T,so far we like it and only used it twice. We enjoy being in a campground environment, meeting new folks,helping one another,smelling camp fires, and cooking in campground.
Enjoy
rvtime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #28

From tents, we bought a TT (instead of a boat) because I knew we would get lots of use out of it and spend less money in the process.

Main reason we got anything is that our daughter starts middle-school next year and I'm terrified. Want to hit the National Parks next year before that starts.
And my mom died unexpectadly this summer at the young age of 64. It all gets a man thinking about life and what you want to be doing with the little time that's left.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote