Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #15

You mean "Honey Badger". Google it. I can't post the link because of the language, but it is

No sense in the $2.50+ BKF when you can get Comet No Scratch for <$1.00. Works just as good.

I screwed up the rear door ramp on my 20' enclosed with runs and too much ZEP and had to use the stripper on the whole door. That wasn't fun and took about 10 tries with the stripper to get all of the ZEP off. Never re-did it. Meguiar's Cleaner/Protector worked and has a UV protectant in it. Thin coats of ZEP on my 35 year old counter tops worked and they look almost new.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricejh View Post
Please excuse this newbies ignorance...it is blissful...but what is this "red Max pro floor product"/process? I'd like to keep my new TT bright and shiney too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardcoxid View Post
I to would like to know what this"Red Max Pro Porduct" is, I will have to go to Home Depot tomorrow and look for it!
Another thread about this.. renew exterior finish

Old 01-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
I just bought 5 gallons of RMP #3 for $16.00 on sale at Lowes. I will be using it in the near future on the RV and a Boat.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-PHartley View Post
I just bought 5 gallons of RMP #3 for $16.00 on sale at Lowes. I will be using it in the near future on the RV and a Boat.
5 - 1 gallon bottles or 5 gallons for $16.00?
Old 01-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #19

Great to here that 8 months on and no signs of diminishing finish quality! Will head the warnings of runs & drips may just get the stripper just incase.

Time to prep a compartment door and try it, rest of rig needs finishing off before being shined. Looking forward to less overall elbow grease compared to regular compound.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
5 - 1 gallon bottles or 5 gallons for $16.00?
a 5 gallon container for $16.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #21

5 Gallons? $16? That's a great deal. A bit much to have on hand for me, though. You could go to any RV rally, show, campground, etc and give the RMP treatment to every rig there and still have gallons and gallons left.

You've got enough to re-package in quart bottles and sell. Ask a fair price and you would save fulltimers the hassle of having to store leftovers after shining up their old rigs. OK, OK. Just thinkin' here.

2004 Country Coach Magna Chalet/ Cat C15
Samdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:15 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdon View Post
5 Gallons? $16? That's a great deal. A bit much to have on hand for me, though. You could go to any RV rally, show, campground, etc and give the RMP treatment to every rig there and still have gallons and gallons left.

You've got enough to re-package in quart bottles and sell. Ask a fair price and you would save fulltimers the hassle of having to store leftovers after shining up their old rigs. OK, OK. Just thinkin' here.

Some people choose to invest in the Stock Market, others choose Gold and Silver. I'm betting on the future of RMP.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
Since the biggest difference between RMP#3/Zep Wet Look and Poli Glow, other than cost, is that Poli Glow has UV inhibitors, I wonder if anyone has tried putting three or four coats of the less expensive RMP first, then covering that with one or two coats of Poli Glow to protect the earlier layers.

UV does not appear to affect RMP- no yellowing or peeling after a year or more. Just some minor loss of gloss, which may as well be from normal abrasion of dust, wind and washing.

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #24

I think if you read the label, it probably says it is a non-yellowing formula. It may have something in it that prevents the yellowing that was common with earlier floor coatings.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #25

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief View Post
UV does not appear to affect RMP- no yellowing or peeling after a year or more. Just some minor loss of gloss, which may as well be from normal abrasion of dust, wind and washing.
I've seen very few reports of yellowing or peeling (although the very few peeling reports I've seen have been attributed to improper surface prep; usually, the yellowing was from using dyed microfiber applicator cloths) but I have seen reports where an RMP treated surface that was constantly exposed to high levels of sunlight (such as the top horizontal or nearly horizontial portion of a front or back fiberglass cap adjacent to the roof or a sidewall exposed to extreme sun exposure during an entire day, more so than the rest of the RV received) lost much to all of its coating while more protected areas fared well.

I suspect the loss of gloss you report is more likely due to UV exposure than to abrasion as you postulated. I've seen a couple of reports of people who coated their roofs with RMP in the last two to four months and I'm waiting to hear how well those applications stand up to a direct UV attack from above opposed to the oblique one sidewalls receive. Granted, these are extreme examples and even if the coating was degrading from UV exposure, it's still one heckuva an improvement over other surface treatments. It would be nice if RMP#3 on a roof held up well since that would help preserve the life of the roof and avoid black streaking.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief View Post
Red Max Pro #3 is available at Lowes. Lots of threads on this product; this one is probably the most definitive.

We did the RMP on our very oxidized '89 Southwind about 10 months ago.

For the last 2 months, we have been parked on an oilfield gate in south Texas, with daily windblown caliche dust sandblasting our motor home.

Underneath the dust, the fiberglass is still pretty shiny (I'll admit, not as shiny as when the RMP was fresh, but still lots better than before). No peeling or yellowing.

Now that we're off the gate and headed to more civilized parts, I'll take a day or two soon and give our old girl a good wash and a repeat of the RMP (I have a gallon tucked away in a basement compartment).
Our Lowes doesnt stock it anymore Ive heard All Lowes are dropping this product Dont know why. BUT go to Home Depot and buy Zep with the wet look. It works even better. Talk about a shine WOW !
donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
RMP is a floor wax similar to mop-n-glow and has been used primarily by folks with older units that have seen better days in regards to the fiberglass finish. I myself have applied mop-n-glow to the front and rear caps of my 11 year old unit and it looks great.

I would NOT use it on a new unit where the finish is new and in great shape. Instead I'd use regular wax/finishing products. I still use Protectall or Nu-Finish on the sides of my mh.
This is not a floor wax but a acrylic polymer. No wax in it..But you are correct on the rest of your post..
donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:09 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by donandmax View Post
This is not a floor wax but a acrylic polymer. No wax in it..But you are correct on the rest of your post..
I stand corrected... ;-)

2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote