A few thoughts about redtop mtn from Thanksgiving 2011.
1. Great Hiking
2. Very good batwing reception
3. No sewer hookup at the sites (big problem)
4. Falling nuts from very high trees, sounds like a small bomb inside the RV
5. Bully and Rude campground host - went way out of his way to enforce his version of the Rules pertaining to guests. Unfriendly park staff at the park store and the main office. (do they take the same unhappy pill?)
6. Campground closes periodically, reservations are unavailable. I asked why that was and evidentially it's a super secret, need to know only to the annointed ones.
7. Beaautiful hotel closed indefinately, along with the pool. (what a waste of resources)
I would go there to hike but thats about all. I am glad that you found it and hope that it continues well for you. For me, there are many other parks that are not stuck in a jailhouse mentality.
I did complain about that camphost to the Georiga State Parks. (heard nothing back) He camped in a red over the road tractor that pulled a 5er. Reminded me of a full time know it all, just ask.