Article says the owner was "working on the RV refrigerator line when a spark apparently ignited ammonia gas in the line, causing an explosive fire". Apparently the owner was in way over his head; since the unit is NOT consumer serviceable. I highly recommend no one play around with these cooling units. They are under high pressure and have gases that are not only toxic but flammable. I'll bet he would not have been playing around with an LP line like that and won't with a RV refrigerator again either.
Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7