Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2015, 08:55 PM   #1

Regular queen vs short

I just bought a used Class A Damon and the PO asked if I wanted the mattress and I let him keep it. My better half wouldn't have slept on it anyway. The question is has anyone replaced theirs with a regular queen as opposed to a short queen. It will make getting around the bed a little tight at the bottom but after all your only going to make that maneuver to get into bed or make it up. It would make getting a new one easier and make for more choices. Thoughts, experiences?
Skymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2015, 10:18 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Regular queen was to long for my rig but a dbbl is the same length and 4" narrower compared to the RV queen.
GraySeal65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:22 PM   #3

I replaced my short queen with a regular queen Tempur-Pedic-Ergo adjustable base mattress.The mattress in the upright position losses 10 inches and gives us great walk around and better bedroom space. I also have the same mattress at home and absolutely love it.
Dune Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 05:26 AM   #4
paz

A standard queen is 60" wide X 80" long. A short queen is 4" to 8" shorter. Make sure the extra length won't interfere with moving around in the bedroom or if the bed is in a slide, make sure it won't hit something on the opposite wall when the slide is closed.

As you say, a standard queen will give you many more choices and would be my preference by a wide margin.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 05:35 AM   #5

We put the standard queen in ours, and though it's obvious that things are a little snug getting around the end of it now, there's still enough room to slide through. As mentioned, it's not something that's a big inconvenience if just using it to crawl into/out of the one side, and while making it. I'd do it again...
Old 08-30-2015, 05:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
We put the standard queen in ours, and though it's obvious that things are a little snug getting around the end of it now, there's still enough room to slide through. As mentioned, it's not something that's a big inconvenience if just using it to crawl into/out of the one side, and while making it. I'd do it again...

Just don't sit on the end of the mattress to put your Bunny Slippers on