Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2011, 01:08 PM   #1

Remco driveshaft disconnect

Is no longer made or sold by Remco.
I called Remco, they said they don't sell it anymore, sold that division to
SuperFlo. They just carry it on their website for SuperFlo, till SuperFlo gets around to makeing a website with it.

SO I called the 888 number he gave me for Super Flo.
They give me this number 855-447-3626 and a recording comes on and says he is the salesman for the Remco Driveshaft Disconnect, leave your name and number and he will call you back. I am now waiting for the return call...Just some FYI I thought I would pass along.
2 Bichons is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2011, 04:34 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
That sounds frustrating.

Guess I'll remove my Remco disconnect & driveline before I sell my Tacoma. Bet I could get good $ for it.

Thats a few years away though...

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:45 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have the customer service lacking on many rv products since the quit selling direct. Most of them only sell through rv dealers and they screw you on the price.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:40 PM   #4

I have a remco disconnect on my PU, over 270,00 trouble free miles. trucks been towed more than 100,000 miles.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:14 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Arrow

It's still called the Remco Driveshaft Disconnect - it's just owned by a different company now. The new company is Superflo and they have a website for it - Remco's DriveShaft Coupling

For sales and service call 1-855-44REMCO

Remco Towing also sold their Transmission Lube Pump business to Aquatec, but for now the Remco web site remains the source for info on that product.
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
It's still called the Remco Driveshaft Disconnect - it's just owned by a different company now. The new company is Superflo and they have a website for it - Remco's DriveShaft Coupling

For sales and service call 1-855-44REMCO

Remco Towing also sold their Transmission Lube Pump business to Aquatec, but for now the Remco web site remains the source for info on that product.
That is the same number I gave 855-447-3626 and it has a recording that he is the salesperson and will call you back, no call back yet!
The website is still Remco's and number on there is Remcos too. Remco says they are maintaining the site till SuperFlo can inbed it into their own.
2 Bichons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:34 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

The new website I listed is Superflo's - not the previous (and still available) Remco Towing site. And on the Remco Towing site, the Drive Shaft Disconnect is no longer listed under "Products", but Aquatec water pumps are now included.

The contact info for Remco Towing is different:
4140 South 89th Street
Omaha, NE 68127
Phone: 1-800-228-2481
Fax: (402)339-2167

The new site still has a modified Remco logo for the Disconnect product, but is no longer part of Remo Towing.Too bad they aren't doing a better job with phone response - I'd hate to see a reliable product go downhill due to neglect.
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:00 AM   #8

I installed a Remco Lube pump on my '98 GMC Sonoma 2WD and have had to have my trannie overhauled twice. Methinks I am done with the lube pump. I have purchased a used RemCo driveline disconnect , including the driveshaft from an S10 (hopefuly it will fit my Sonoma). I am planning on installing this disconnect, but need some pointers. Perhaps a link to a manual or a few words of wisdom on how to do this job. Right now, all I know is that you have to have your driveshaft shortened and balanced and that there may be some grinding required on the differential flanges to accommodate the clamp. I am thinking that the plate goes on top of the differential, rather than underneath. Thanks in advance.
rbdaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig P. View Post
That sounds frustrating.

Guess I'll remove my Remco disconnect & driveline before I sell my Tacoma. Bet I could get good $ for it.

Thats a few years away though...

Craig
How much you asking for that Tacoma? (Kidding, I most likely cn not afford it, epically with the disconnect in place)
Old 04-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbdaves View Post
I installed a Remco Lube pump on my '98 GMC Sonoma 2WD and have had to have my trannie overhauled twice. Methinks I am done with the lube pump. I have purchased a used RemCo driveline disconnect , including the driveshaft from an S10 (hopefuly it will fit my Sonoma). I am planning on installing this disconnect, but need some pointers. Perhaps a link to a manual or a few words of wisdom on how to do this job. Right now, all I know is that you have to have your driveshaft shortened and balanced and that there may be some grinding required on the differential flanges to accommodate the clamp. I am thinking that the plate goes on top of the differential, rather than underneath. Thanks in advance.
The used Chev S-10 disconnect doesn't fit my GMC Sonoma. I found an interesting article, however, that answers my previous post: Find it at:
The Remco Saga
Old 04-10-2011, 12:36 PM   #11

Only problem I had was balanceing the drive shaft; took three tries to get it right.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:53 PM   #12
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I really had some apprehension about buying a vehicle that would need the disconnect, but I finally did. I ordered the unit and did the u-joint change over and installed the driveshaft. It was very difficult to make the plate they sell bolt properly to the rear end. We had a couple of conversations and they sent me another assembly that could fit my truck (2010 Nissan Frontier). In the interim, I found the driveshaft was out of balance enough that I had to take it to a shop. Luckily they were familiar with Remco products. They said the spline system Remco uses is a pretty good product, but thought they had cheapened up the driveshaft they had used. The driveshaft shop said I got lucky because the shaft balanced perfect in both positions.

It took disassembling both the original and the new shifter assemblies to make one that worked properly. I finally got it installed after several hours under the truck and it worked/shifted well. I didn't like where their u-bolt bracket was placed and had to use a another piece of flat stock steel for correct placement. Last week, I decided to tackle reworking their bracket. I removed the unit and lengthend some sliding bolt holes to make the shift forks line up better and cut off their old u-bolt bracket and rewelded it in the correct position. The unit also has two teeth that wedged against the front seal area of the rear end that held it in place. One side was too short and I had to weld some more material to it. After about five hours, the unit fits more securely and I'm not as concerned that something like a road gator will knock it out of adjustment.

I know some people have no issues with the unit, but I think they just didn't have a well designed bracket for my 2010 model, since there were a couple of versions.

Side Note: After buying the unit, I realized that you don't really need to install their shifter. In an emergency, you can quickly lay under the vehicle and shift the collar with your hand. It will stay in place in either the connect or disconnect position. I drove my around while I waited for the new shifter brackets to show up.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:38 AM   #13

Diplomat Don
Am I correct in assuming that you did some driveline measurements and sent them to RemCo and then they built a new driveline for you?
Old 04-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #14
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
rbdaves.....yes.....measured u-joint to u-joint and sent measurments. They send new driveline with rear u-joint installed. You remove the front yoke from your stock driveshaft and install it on theirs.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote