Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2015, 03:33 PM   #1

Removal of Quietpact Generator

I have a Damon Astoria 2006 with diesel generator model #004270-3,Quiet Pact 75D. It has 475 hrs on it. The belts squeak sometimes, and i would like to get to look at them, and replace or adjust tension.Looks like you have to lower the whole unit to get to the access plates on the sides.The filters are accessed from the small plate that is easy to get to.Does anyone know how to get access to the belts.No one in my area can do it,?The book says the weight is 485 lbs.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2015, 07:26 AM   #2

I think the going rate is $250 to drop and $250 to put back in plus your problem. If I ever or when ever I need to I will buy a platform jack to let it down.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:32 AM   #3

Thanks: I have a transmission jack that looks like it will work,not sure if it will drop it enough to get out.
Thanks for the reply.
Jack
Old 06-24-2015, 08:15 AM   #4

I did it the hard way. I finally found what you found, that it drops straight down to the ground and is supported by four bolts that come in from the top. I took out two bolts and put in lengths of threaded rod (1/4" is good enough). With two nuts in place to hold the weight, I took out the other two bolts and replaced them with threaded rods.

Just start unscrewing the nuts to lower the unit one turn at a time. Put some plywood on the ground to act as a skid area. Get it down to the plywood and slide it out. I had to use the jacks to raise the front of the coach, but it came out. Reverse all that to get it back in.

Tom
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:51 PM   #5

I can turn a lot of nuts on a threaded rod for $500.00! good for you!
Hit_the_Rhod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 04:41 PM   #6

Wow: Just saved me $ 500.00, now can take the wife out on another trip.I'm sure it's just a belt or tension pulley as it works fine,just squeaks a little on start up for a few minutes.
I love this site!!!!! !!! Thanks everybody.
Jack of all Trades
Old 06-26-2015, 04:43 PM   #7

You got that right.
Old 06-27-2015, 01:37 PM   #8

I wonder if anyone has tried a motorcycle lift a weight capacity of 1,500 pounds for less than $100 on harbor freight.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:38 PM   #9

Back in "the old days", as a kid, I worked at a service station. We had a stick of BELT DRESSING that was about 2" diameter and was 10 or 12" long. You would hold it up against the inside of the belt while it was running and it would rub the wax or whatever it was onto the belt and would keep it from squealing.

You might investigate this.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:56 AM   #10

Thanks:Problem is getting to the belts.The unit is mounted between the frame,up front on the coach.Have to drop it to remove the side covers,to see the belt.I'll just put a new belt on when I get to it.Thanks,
Jack

Tags
generator, removal