Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
Removed sleeper couch and dinette from slide. Installed Lambright recliner, desk, table, chair set and credenza. We have another recliner on opposite side of MH.
Looks GREAT!!! Thanks for sharing. Do you ever regret removing the sofa?

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #16

Nope. It was uncomfortable.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Have you removed your RV sofa and added recliners in its place? Please post pics of your "remodel." I wanna see.
I would love to replace the sofa in my RV with a recliner, but space is limited. The sofa is very uncomfortable that came with the NorthTrail.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
I would love to replace the sofa in my RV with a recliner, but space is limited. The sofa is very uncomfortable that came with the NorthTrail.
Our FlexSteel sofa is like perching on a board...no way to get comfy at all. I really want to remove it and put either 2 recliners or a reclining loveseat in its place. I'm just having a difficult time "visualizing" the removal of the sofa.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
We removed the sofa, swivel chair, and 3 of the 4 dinette table chairs. Added 2 European recliners with ottomans, a leather desk chair at the table, a book case, and a filing cabinet. If I were to do it again I would be sure to get the recliners with the ottoman that folds up under the chair. However now the DW wants a sofa put back in. Not sure what we are going to do, possible upgrade the Coachman to a Winnie Journey.

One thing about my DW is when she was living full time in our sticks & bricks, she would rearrange the furniture every 6 months, she can't do that in the motor home and I think it drives her a little crazy.
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #20
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbike View Post
We removed the sofa, swivel chair, and 3 of the 4 dinette table chairs. Added 2 European recliners with ottomans, a leather desk chair at the table, a book case, and a filing cabinet. If I were to do it again I would be sure to get the recliners with the ottoman that folds up under the chair. However now the DW wants a sofa put back in. Not sure what we are going to do, possible upgrade the Coachman to a Winnie Journey.

One thing about my DW is when she was living full time in our sticks & bricks, she would rearrange the furniture every 6 months, she can't do that in the motor home and I think it drives her a little crazy.
I might as well ask before Sarah gets a hold of you. SHOW US THE PICS.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbike View Post

Your wife sounds like a kindred spirit. And where are the photos???

Old 11-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I might as well ask before Sarah gets a hold of you. SHOW US THE PICS.

Cliff

Old 11-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
I knew that was doing and well deserved. Sorry but I am at work and I don't have those photos on my tablet. You'll just have to use your imagination!!!
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:09 AM   #24

Lambright makes chairs and loveseats for RV's.
You can see a selections at Bradd and Hall . I bought ours from the Lambright factory showroom at a good discount.
Another good choice is a La-Z-Boy Harbor-Town.
Our first chair was a Euro. It was comfortable. But ottoman always seemed to be in the way.
Both of these recliners fit well in the space we have in RV's.
Good luck taking out a sofa. Depending how they were installed. There may not be much left after removal. Ours ended in the weekly trash pickup.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:07 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We had thought of doing this replacement as well but after taking a couple of measurements, it didn't seem it would work very well. First the couch is 72" wide. Most recliners are 36" wide and that's just putting them side by side. We wanted ours at an angle from each other with maybe just a small table between but it just won't work. The other problem is even with a wallhugger you need at least to keep them 4" from the wall behind the chair. Don't have that room either without having the chairs now sticking further into the room. I suppose we could get ride of the dinette table to make more room but we use it mostly for our computer station and the extra size of the station allows for the computer and printer all in one location. We do have one euro recliner with an autimun and by turning the driver and passenger sets around we just live with that. Now it's time to watch some tv and have some .
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:41 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
I replaced my worn out couch with another couch. I need the couch for a bed for guest. They probably wouldn't like to sleep in a recliner all night.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal View Post
We had thought of doing this replacement as well but after taking a couple of measurements, it didn't seem it would work very well. First the couch is 72" wide. Most recliners are 36" wide and that's just putting them side by side. We wanted ours at an angle from each other with maybe just a small table between but it just won't work. The other problem is even with a wallhugger you need at least to keep them 4" from the wall behind the chair. Don't have that room either without having the chairs now sticking further into the room. I suppose we could get ride of the dinette table to make more room but we use it mostly for our computer station and the extra size of the station allows for the computer and printer all in one location. We do have one euro recliner with an autimun and by turning the driver and passenger sets around we just live with that. Now it's time to watch some tv and have some .
We have taken very careful measurements and find that two La-Z-Boys will fit in our space fine. Our existing sofa is the FlexSteel "extend-a-lounge" and it's pretty big, especially with the extension out....

We will likely have to remove those window trim things (lambriquins??) in consideration of the "distance from wall" measurement. The current sofa is about 5" from the wall to allow for the bed fold-out.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker56 View Post
I replaced my worn out couch with another couch. I need the couch for a bed for guest. They probably wouldn't like to sleep in a recliner all night.
That sofa looks comfy. We have a couple of those inflatable mattress things that we could carry for guests, but truthfully we never have overnighters. If one of our grandkids is with us, the dinette converts to a bed. My prime concern is comfort for the two of us, lol. (And the Flex "STEEL" lives up to its name.)