RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2019, 06:28 AM   #15
IC2

To those that have the TST 507 Flow Thru sensors - they go to sleep after about 10 minutes of sitting idle and will not run the battery down. This is from TST and the enclosed instructions. Though as I mentioned above, I do as my choice, change $1 batteries every year. Those removed batteries have been measured via a very good DVM and at full as-manufactured voltage. Other folks have said that their sensor batteries will last several years. Mine as noted are pulled of due to winter conditions where we live

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2019, 07:42 AM   #16

We leave our sensors on the motor home, but we remove them on our towed auto. If we didnít, they would be damaged when going through an automatic car wash.

mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 07:51 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbriar View Post
Aftermarket sensors on the end of the valve stem as compared to the more common OEM sensors that are inside the tire on the other end of the valve stem.

I remove to extend battery life. Mark them first so you don't have to reprogram the monitor when you bring the rig back to life in the spring.
That explains it. Did not know that there are external TPMS sensors. Thanks for the info.
frizfreleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 07:55 AM   #18

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboyer View Post
We leave our sensors on the motor home, but we remove them on our towed auto. If we didnít, they would be damaged when going through an automatic car wash.
Don't ask me how I "learned" this one.
Old 10-20-2019, 08:24 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple H View Post
If

My understanding is the monitor goes to sleep after 15 minutes if the vehicle is not in motion. EEZtire website states this regarding winter storage.

36. Is there anything special I need to do for Winter Storage?
Answer: Itís a good idea to remove the sensors and monitor from your vehicle if parked for an extended time, especially in cold or hot weather. Store the system in a warm location. Mark each sensors wheel position or store them in an egg carton so they can be replaced in the same wheel position to avoid having to do a new set up. Sensors use power when they are under air pressure even with the monitor shut off.
"Extended period of time" is the key here. We use ours often, so I don't bother.

I plugged mine in before a trip to check the pressures early this year and couldn't get pressures on some. I emailed about it, and the response was that it'd gone to sleep. They probably meant the receiver. At any rate, when I started rolling it started working.

Thx
Old 10-20-2019, 11:21 PM   #20

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by frizfreleng View Post
I must be in the dark. Where are you sensors located?

These are sensors thart we put on the tire valves, tst, tireminder, etc.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 04:48 AM   #21

Just removed them today, on both the RV and toad.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:28 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

I used to remove my original Pressure Pro sensors for winter storage because they went to a zero-power state when no air pressure present. When I replaced them after about 5-6 years (PP has permanent batteries), I learned that the new version had an automatic "sleep" and did not need to be removed to extend battery life. I stopped removing the sensors after that.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:45 AM   #23

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Remove TPMS Sensors

Thanks for the responses. Sounds like I will be ok (TST 507). I wonder how long these batteries generally last, resting for six months. Actually, mine rest most of the time.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:38 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Thanks for the responses. Sounds like I will be ok (TST 507). I wonder how long these batteries generally last, resting for six months. Actually, mine rest most of the time.

The original batteries in my 507 kit lasted just over a year. The replacements I put in went 2 years. We put around 8K miles per year on our RV.
Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Alan_Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:44 PM   #25
IC2

Battery life depends on how often the RV travels. I do have to say that the original Chinese brand batteries in mine barely lasted a year. Like I said above, some folks report that theirs have lasted several years
Old 10-23-2019, 11:44 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
A couple of my 507 flow-thru sensors still have the original batteries, I bought the system in 2013, however our MH has been parked in the garage for all but a few months since Feb. 2016.
I buy replacement batteries at flea markets @ $1 for a card of 10 batteries from China. A couple of said batteries were DOA, but I expected that, still money ahead.
They last as long as the OEM batteries IMO.
I do not remove the 10 transmitters unless a battery change is required.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tpms