Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2014, 03:41 PM   #1

Replaced Roof - Great Company & Product

Company is rvroofs(rvroofs.com) out of Green Cove Springs, FL. I saw their presentation several yrs ago in Ocala. I liked what I saw & determined if or when I needed a roof I would go to them. Well I had a leaker w/some plywood damage. My experience has been extremely positive. The roofing product they apply is a urethane, chk their website for detail. They replaced the deteriorated wood, the fan covers, sky light & both A/C covers which became brittle from UV exposure. The urethane is sprayed on over the flanges & mounting brackets w/ a 20 yr guarantee against leakage from materials or workmanship. This also means you'll never caulk around the sky lights, vents, antenna etc. again.The guarantee also transfers to the new owner should you sell your rig. Their work was well done & they did what they said they'd do & worked late at night to meet their commitment. There are cheaper roofs out there, but if you intend to keep your camper & want a top notch company I suggest you check them out.

Plse note, I get nothing for this post but simply want to recognize a great product & company.

jimws is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2014, 04:38 PM   #2

Just as a point of reference, a standard roof replacement cost approx $100 per lineal ft. What did your new roof cost?

Old 05-01-2014, 09:11 PM   #3

This is an interesting topic. I've seen articles on line for this company in Florida. Less roof maintenance is a good deal if for nothing else, peace of mind since water intrusion is death to an RV . From what I have seen so far this company has been doing a good job.

There are several major spray on RV roof materials on the market with slightly different approaches. Rhino has a product called Eco-Coat that has been applied to RV's for several years now and a couple RV manufacturers (Petersen for one) offer it as an option on new products or even apply it to used. The Rhino Eco-Coat from what I have found so far has only one color, Silver, due to UV protection. It is paintable though and an applicator can paint roof edges to match the sides. Rhino applicators generally offer a lifetime guarantee. As I understand it is not Rhino that offers the lifetime guarantee but some of the applicators were pressuring Rhino to change that but my info is over a year old so that may have changed.

Line-X also has a RV roof product but a little newer in the marketplace.
Sounds like a way to go if you intend to keep your RV for a long time.
I don't know how old the prices are but so far I have see $130 to $135 a linear foot for application.

I think this has been on the market generally for over 2 years, so although that isn't a lifetime, it should be fairly easy to see how well it has held up so far. I think success or failure will depend on how good the people that apply are at their job. As with just about anything you can buy there will be raves and there will be horror stories. If I were to get this done I would want to see references and actual applications that have weathered a couple years.

A lot of discussion on this forum, just search Rhino Eco-Coat, Line-X or RV Flexarmor that RV Roofs uses.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:39 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
I visited this company just to look at what they had. I had met them at an rv show and they impressed me. When the time comes I intend to make the drive to Green Cove Springs and get them to so the work. I am getting a little long in the tooth and climbing on the roof no longer appeals to me.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:07 AM   #5

Roof replacement

I to saw this co. at a show and then spoke some individuals who had their roofs replaced by them. I drove round trip 800 miles to have it done. We intend to keep our DRV for many years yet.

To answer another question, the cost of the install is $150 per installed ft. For comparison, just be certain to compare the products, installation, cost of repair to rotten roof, guarantees, cost to replace fan & vent covers & ease of working w/the co.
jimws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:55 AM   #6

Jim,
I have spoken of these "newer" roofs for quite some time now. I've seen quite a few of them in person. I recently did a booboo to the rear of our coach 'cause someone moved my house while I was backing our RV into it's parking spot and, had to have a company dome some serious extensive fiberglass repair. Well, they did outstanding work. And, while I was there, there were around 6 fairly nice rigs there, waiting to get their factory roofs replaced by the company's spray on roofs.

There were three there that already had it done. And, these coaches were not bottom end coaches. Yes, the color is primarily silver due to the proof that it's the best at reflection of the suns heat. The company claims quite a bit of reduction in noise, especially during rain storms and, a greater reduction in interior heat due to that coating and, it's color.

If we had a rig that was in need of a roof, for any reason, I'd put some serious thought into that product. By the way, all of this info here applies to a company called: San Diego RV Center, Bond St. in El Cajon CA.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:24 PM   #7

At 50% over rubber roof replacement you better plan on keeping it for a long time

Tags
replace, roof