Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2017, 04:56 AM   #1
WDW

Repo man

It’s interesting to watch the local repo man’s yard. Presently there are two new midline trailers. He seems to get between 2 to 5 per month. Never any newer MHs but consistently newer trailers. Order MHs when he gets them.

My view it’s a sign of the working families economy. And that’s not all that great.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2017, 09:23 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
People quickly find out an RV is not all fun and a lot of work loading up, going to park, setting up, (TT and popups take the longest), spending just 1-3 days, breaking down, going home, parking, and unloading. Then there is monthly payments even when you can't use it: winter, inclement weather, family problems and soccer weekends. They lose interest and quit making payments.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:46 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Easy credit but not so easy making the payments. And then they get tired of it, as Fiesta48 describes.

I also think there is a very casual attitude these days about going deeply into debt and just walking away from it when interest wanes.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
I also think there is a very casual attitude these days about going deeply into debt and just walking away from it when interest wanes.
I agree. Used to be a pride thing, that you were in control of your finances and wouldn't think about over-burdening yourself. Now, as you say, they just say "Ehhh, no big deal going bankrupt"
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:35 PM   #5

Cars, etc get into accidents or breakdown and some people think it’s easier to let the bank have it than to get it fixed.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
I agree. Used to be a pride thing, that you were in control of your finances and wouldn't think about over-burdening yourself. Now, as you say, they just say "Ehhh, no big deal going bankrupt"
Which it isn't .....6 months after filing you will start getting offers for credit cause you can't file again for 7 years
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:57 PM   #7

Wonder what these people think when the bank wholesales it and sends them the bill for the balance still owed. There should be no such thing as going bankrupt, you bought it, you should pay for it. Even if it takes the rest of your life.
89sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89sandman View Post
Wonder what these people think when the bank wholesales it and sends them the bill for the balance still owed. There should be no such thing as going bankrupt, you bought it, you should pay for it. Even if it takes the rest of your life.
AMEN!!!!!!
Eagle2mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:12 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
That is why I retired at age 53 last year. Live a debt-free life style.

Many live by the adage of bouncing their debt-load around like a hot potato. At some point it all catches up to you.

I wonder what the re-po man or company does with all the personal property inside a persons RV?

If you have to finance a RV, be it a $8k popup or a $200k monster, make those extra payments. Especially the early years of the loan.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:12 PM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My credit score is 820+ and I sure wouldn't want to take a hit on it by not paying my bills!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:14 PM   #11

Same thing happened to the housing market the value went down so they didn't want to pay for something worth less so they let the banks have them.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:25 PM   #12

All these economic factors are controlled by lobbyists now and for the singular benefit of the to big to fail business plan.
Nothing wrong with a personal bankruptcy in a lifetime. Medical expenses are the number 1 cause in America. Not RVs or houses.
It's when billionaires and corporations including banks and oil are allowed multiple repeat catastrophes that we all suffer.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:32 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post

...I wonder what the re-po man or company does with all the personal property inside a persons RV?...
Here is what the law in Iowa says regarding cars. I presume it would be the same for an RV.

What if a person has personal property in the car?

Any of the borrower's personal property within the car must be returned to the borrower upon demand. The creditor has no right to require a payment from the borrower for the return of personal possessions.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:05 AM   #14

I believe bad things happen and people can't pay their bills. But I also believe most don't care and are not responsible enough to take care of their debt.