Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2005, 01:12 PM   #1

ReserveUSA Reservations - Make sure if you ever make a reservation and require any changes to it that you get a sane customer service agent to make the changes. Get it in writing - notarized.

Someone at NRRS canceled a very important reservation that I had for my summer vacation. They will not accept any responsibility for canceling the reservation. I absolutely needed 3 camp sites and was told by a CSR that I had the 3 sites I wanted. Two days later, "due to agent error" (in the NRRS' log) the reservation was canceled - words from Adrian, the supervisor.

Toni and Nahrissa were the people that COULD NOT do anything about the problem.

I heard "I am sorry" about 14 times. They had absolutely nothing to offer. They should probably change their designation from Customer Service to something less.

Up until this transaction, I have not had a problem with the on-line reservation system. If you ever do have a problem, beware and make sure some way, some how.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2005, 01:12 PM   #2

ReserveUSA Reservations - Make sure if you ever make a reservation and require any changes to it that you get a sane customer service agent to make the changes. Get it in writing - notarized.

Someone at NRRS canceled a very important reservation that I had for my summer vacation. They will not accept any responsibility for canceling the reservation. I absolutely needed 3 camp sites and was told by a CSR that I had the 3 sites I wanted. Two days later, "due to agent error" (in the NRRS' log) the reservation was canceled - words from Adrian, the supervisor.

Toni and Nahrissa were the people that COULD NOT do anything about the problem.

I heard "I am sorry" about 14 times. They had absolutely nothing to offer. They should probably change their designation from Customer Service to something less.

Up until this transaction, I have not had a problem with the on-line reservation system. If you ever do have a problem, beware and make sure some way, some how.

Old 06-28-2005, 05:51 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

As you say, NRRS/ReserveUSA mostly works just fine, but it is a huge and faceless organization of telephone clerks sitting at computer screens. If anything goes wrong, you are just plain out of luck. Personal service seems to be non-existent.

Did they charge you the cancellation fee too?
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 07:13 AM   #4

Surprisingly, they refunded the total amount and did not charge the cancellation fee.

The supervisor said that there was no way the CSR would have known my profile information and began to read it back to me. I had not changed the profile information since 2000 and it had the old area code for my phone number and an old phone number. She said that was information I would have had to of given to the CSR BEOFRE a cancellation was made. Seems to me she shot herself in the foot when she told me that information because I definitely would have given current information.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:22 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Jumbo Jet.
I did reservations over the internet for Fathers day week-end at a COE campground in Mississippi.
When I printed off the conformation I didnt notice the date and when I arrived at the CG I was informed I was suppose to be there the week-end before. I got a campsite and had to pay for those 2 days.
I called the 887 number on Monday and after talking to 2 people, I was informed they would have to check with the campground and see if they will waiver the $20.00 no show. I said the campground man said I had to deal with Reserveusa and I didnt want to get the runaround.
The lady said from now on to be careful when making reservations over the internet, I said dont worry bout that.
They are to call me when they make a decision.
Some other people checking in behind me had the same problem.
Will let you know the outcome.

1998 Allegro Bus DP Single Slide
1999 Honda CRV
Air Force 65-70
Army National Guard 76-2004 Retired.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:17 AM   #6

Well just got back from the trip for the above mentioned reservations.

I told the idiots at ReserveUSA that the computer hosed up the reservations big time. Guess what - I get there and the Corp of Engineer camp host had me booked for Site 11 and Site 18. Site 11 was the one I wanted to begin with - the site that ReserveUSA cancelled and refunded my money on.

I sub-let site 18 while there.

All-in-all it was a great vacation. I got to laugh at ReserveUSA the whole time!!
Old 07-21-2005, 12:04 PM   #7

Being newbs, Question, do you save money going thru ReserveUSA ? We have been calling the campgrounds directly. We have "Good Sams" membership, but the Wife handles all that..
Thanks, Ted O.

2000 Ford Lightning
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:19 PM   #8

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Some state or national campgrounds can only be reserved through ReserveUSA.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:45 PM   #9

Got it, thanks Lynnvt

2000 Ford Lightning
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 01:42 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">do you save money going thru ReserveUSA ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not for my last campground visit - Cost for one night at the gatehouse of the campground was same as what was paid on line at ReserveUSA.