Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2017, 05:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcurt23 View Post
Investigate wash wax all. Takes about 2 hours to clean and "wax" motorhome.

https://www.amazon.com/Waterless-Air...sh+wax+all+mop
Use Wash Wax All as well. Same kit as posted and will get 4 uses from kit before I need more. Use between major washes. Again, I don’t use on heavy stuff, use Meguiars thru foam cannon, brush and rinse for that.
95B20V5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2017, 05:48 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer1john View Post
We're trading in the 5er for a new one, and the dealer is pushing resistall. I've read the previous posts which say it is a rip-off, but

When we have someone wash and hand wax the rig, it costs $400. If we did that only once a year, it would be break-even with resistall. I've seen recommendations that it should be waxed 3-4X per year (we're full-timers and collect lots of bugs on the front), in which case the resistall would save a bunch of $.

What have I got wrong?
Reistall won't last for five years. It's a warranty, and they will pay for certain damage, but the actual product needs to be applied once or twice a year, just like wax or most paint sealants. They will give you a home care kit which has more of the resistall to reapply regularly.

I know, because I just paid for it on my Audi Q7. In my case, I knew this ahead of time, and I did it as much due to the fact that the Audi dealer has a decent detail shop and clays the car before the resistall. So, I justified the cost as much for getting the initial paint prep that I didn't want to do myself, plus the paint warranty that comes with resistall.

The big thing you have to know is that it will absolutely not be effective for 5 years. The warranty might be in effect, but if you want wax/paint sealant type protection, you will need to reapply regularly just like wax.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:33 PM   #17

Just got done waxing my rig, Have to say, Flex orbital polisher is the balm, light, made tolerable work of it. About 10 hours in total, not to shabby for an 2004.

Old 07-22-2017, 08:20 AM   #18

Great looking rig TRX !!!!!
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote