Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #29

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdownman View Post
I've not really noticed that in all my travels. I usually only see big rigs and cars with trailers, but mostly the signs will direct anyone with a trailer to the truck side.

Now, don't even get me started about Cracker Barrel.
+1 AMEN!!!

historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2013, 07:26 AM   #30

Neat. However, being the vigilante of the highway may result in retaliation; regardless of this I sometimes have an almost irresistible urge to do something in response to someone who is arrogant or ignorant, or both.

Like others have said, you just can't cure stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdickson View Post
I've seen it myself many, many times, and not just at rest areas. If you ever stopped at a Crackel Barrel, they have parking usally in the rear for larger RV's, but many times it taken up by small cars, and when one parks the others follow.
I was pulling in one day and a guy in a car beat feet to an rv parking spot. When I pulled up and said something he just ignored me and walked away.
Well at the time I had enough of this so I pulled across in front of him parked it and shut it off, when in and had dinner. When we came out he was sitting there and pi$$ed off.
Let see if he is stupid enough to do it again.

George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeekid View Post
When people who cannot understand or read english, that is what happens, seen it many times, especially when I made my living for 9 years driving a large car.
Happy trails
Jim
I agree with you whole heartedly.
And THANK YOU FOR YOUR 30 years of SERVICE to our Country. Semper FI.
1999 NEWMAR American Star (for sale) SOLD !!![* Newmar Kountry Kklub # 19708 * THOUSAND TRAILS * 2006 Chevy 3500 Dually Dmax/Ally SOLD* Curt Q20 (For Sale)* Prodigy P2 *US ARMY 1965-1967 * Disabled Vietnam Veteran 1966-1967 * Life Member VFW *
99-Am.Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:40 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to Gadget63 Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget63
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Schweikle View Post
Neat. However, being the vigilante of the highway may result in retaliation; regardless of this I sometimes have an almost irresistible urge to do something in response to someone who is arrogant or ignorant, or both.

you can't fix stupid with duct tape, but it sure will help to muffle the sound.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #33

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Schweikle View Post

this reminds of a weaker minded sex we ran into a couple weeks ago in a Love's. DW mentioned to her that the pumps she was using were marked for RVs and people in RVs were waiting to use them. Meanwhile there was room for cars in the car lanes, but would have been difficult for an RV. She came back with "that means RVs can use this fuel, but it is not restricted to them. Well it didn't go over well with her when the DW explained the error of her reasoning. A week later, same Love's, RV lane full of 4 wheelers we were able to cruise right into a car lane and fill up.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:31 PM   #34

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn and Kathy View Post
this reminds of a weaker minded sex we ran into a couple weeks ago in a Love's. DW mentioned to her that the pumps she was using were marked for RVs and people in RVs were waiting to use them. Meanwhile there was room for cars in the car lanes, but would have been difficult for an RV. She came back with "that means RVs can use this fuel, but it is not restricted to them. Well it didn't go over well with her when the DW explained the error of her reasoning. A week later, same Love's, RV lane full of 4 wheelers we were able to cruise right into a car lane and fill up.

The logic here eludes me...is it that there are lanes exclusive to RV's, but none that are exclusive to cars????

Or wasn't your wife along to "explain the error of your reasoning" the second time at Love's?
Old 03-31-2013, 07:45 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Parking is for me

The reason you have inconsiderate car drivers in RV fuel lanes and taking truck only parking is we have allowed ourselves to raise a generation of people that believe it is all about THEM! I shake my head considering what The Greatest Generation sacrificed only to have the next two generations turn out this way.
2016 Ford Edge toad
hogdriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:23 AM   #36
doc

Appalachian Campers
Let me be the devil's advocate on the last couple of comments. What would have been your attitude and what would you have said if the RV fuel lanes were full and you decided to fuel at the auto islands? You drive up and as you get out and prepare to fuels someone points out to you that you are in an RV and these islands are intended for automobile use.
Not taking sides (if sides have been declared) but the door swings both ways when it comes to 'who is right and who is wrong'. The Pilot/Flying J are in the business to sell gasoline and diesel. They really don't care who buys it. The RV fuel lane is set up as a convenience for large rigs that might otherwise block the auto islands access. But that certainly does not give ownership exclusivenly to RVs nor auto lanes exclusively to cars
Old 03-31-2013, 08:34 AM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Let me be the devil's advocate on the last couple of comments. What would have been your attitude and what would you have said if the RV fuel lanes were full and you decided to fuel at the auto islands? You drive up and as you get out and prepare to fuels someone points out to you that you are in an RV and these islands are intended for automobile use.
Not taking sides (if sides have been declared) but the door swings both ways when it comes to 'who is right and who is wrong'. The Pilot/Flying J are in the business to sell gasoline and diesel. They really don't care who buys it. The RV fuel lane is set up as a convenience for large rigs that might otherwise block the auto islands access. But that certainly does not give ownership exclusivenly to RVs nor auto lanes exclusively to cars
x1,000,000,000
Old 03-31-2013, 10:34 AM   #38
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm not positive, but I don't believe there is a law against where you park in a rest area. A trucker could pull through the car area and a car can pull through the truck area. I'm sure different States have some different rules, but I don't remember to many "Truck/RV ONLY" signs.

Is it inconsiderate? You bet in my book. Idiots are as idiots do.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:20 AM   #39

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post

The logic here eludes me...is it that there are lanes exclusive to RV's, but none that are exclusive to cars????

Or wasn't your wife along to "explain the error of your reasoning" the second time at Love's?
I guess you missed the part where I said I had to use the car lanes because the RV lanes were filled up with cars. Also because all the cars were in the RV lanes, there were no cars in the car lanes, therefore I did not interfere with anyone filling there car up.

Glenn
Old 03-31-2013, 12:40 PM   #40

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn and Kathy View Post
I guess you missed the part where I said I had to use the car lanes because the RV lanes were filled up with cars. Also because all the cars were in the RV lanes, there were no cars in the car lanes, therefore I did not interfere with anyone filling there car up.

Glenn

Elegant rationalizing there, Babaloo!
Old 03-31-2013, 12:43 PM   #41

Newmar Owners Club
Francesca, you are without a doubt first class!

When companys hire firms to design thier land movement of the traffic on that land is the first concern and is layed out leaning toward traffic flos and ease on that land. The bigger the harder to navigate and the smaller the easier. period.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:39 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeekid View Post
When people who cannot understand or read english, that is what happens, seen it many times, especially when I made my living for 9 years driving a large car.
Happy trails
Jim

I agree with you MasterGuns....teach them...