Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #15

I only worry about things I can do something about. There is usually a place. Maybe a few car parking spots
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2013, 06:47 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I do the same as others here, pull in the furthest spot from the facilities that I can. Two reasons, let the guys that are on the clock get close and also get to the cleanest area for the dogs.
I can't imagine people would go to this area with the misconception of a cleaner place to walk dogs.... I walk my dogs in any rest area with care, with all the broken glass or who knows what in the grass/sides or you never know if the previous dogs have

Be careful pulling too close to a vehicle if you can't back up. Long story but I almost had to call the cops at a gas station on one guy who refused to move his jeep out of the gas lane. That particular incident he was also lucky I held my temper in check and I have a fairly long fuse.
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:07 AM   #17

I've seen it myself many, many times, and not just at rest areas. If you ever stopped at a Crackel Barrel, they have parking usally in the rear for larger RV's, but many times it taken up by small cars, and when one parks the others follow.
I was pulling in one day and a guy in a car beat feet to an rv parking spot. When I pulled up and said something he just ignored me and walked away.
Well at the time I had enough of this so I pulled across in front of him parked it and shut it off, when in and had dinner. When we came out he was sitting there and pi$$ed off.
Let see if he is stupid enough to do it again.
jdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:15 AM   #18

Traveling in a RV across the USA is a adventure everyday as brings something new. I don't have expectations that everything will go perfectly everyday , all I know is its way better than work and I'm enjoying my retirement like there is no tomorrow.
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:20 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdogKing View Post
all I know is its way better than work and I'm enjoying my retirement like there is no tomorrow.
Yea buddy! Me too...and I am just a weekender.
Oscar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:41 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Jealous, I am !!!! Congrats and hopefully one day if the gooberment doesn't stop me !
Old 01-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by F239141 View Post
I have seem some with

CAR PARKING

CAR/TRAILER RV PARKING

TRUCK/TRAILER PARKING

Just think of how it is for a professional driver that is just up to his hours of service and the last 2 spots in the TRUCK parking has a ignorant 4 wheeler in it

Just a side note, In the motorhome or pick-up truck with a trailer I always park a lil farther away from the restrooms Im on my free time then .... Let the people who are on the road making a living have a short walk because they dont make $$$$ sitting still. A truck driver may never thank you in person but trust me we notice!!
I do the same. DW and I need to get out of the RV and walk around every hour or two, parking at the end of the lot helps us get that exercise. Drivers operating under CDL rules have few options when out of driving hours. They usually have been driving for 10 hours straight .
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #22

In MN you will find no broken glass at the rest areas. They take good care of them here. A lot of them have a specific area to walk your dog.
Caveman CBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:06 AM   #23

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
MN has about the nicest rest areas I have ever seen. Had occasion to go back home in 2011 and 2012 and was really impressed by their facilities on I35 and I90.

Glenn
Old 01-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Some states have free wifi that you can use while at rest areas.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #25

Rest Area

Tennessee Highway Patrol will ticket you if your parked in the wrong side of the rest area. They began aggressive enforcement of this a couple of years ago after a small child was run over by a big rig late one night. Since I work for a motor carrier in TN we were notified in advance of the enforcement campaign. On a side note, TN tries to keep their Highway rest areas very nice and clean!!
Tsimpson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #26

Freightliner Owners Club
Sometimes the rest area is closed or there just isn't one. Mother nature won't always wait so we use the off ramps like the truckers do. Just a note: make sure you use an off-ramp that also has an on-ramp!! What a great perk to bring your home with you. When we take the car, I always miss that option.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:54 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thought this was about trucks only, not RV's being allowed in the truck areas. I have seen it. Commercial trucks only.

As for the 4 wheelers, I would like to think that if they got into the truck only area it was unintentional. Maybe the last four rest areas they used had the trucks use the left lane at the split and the next one had them in the right lane, and they were dead tired and just missed the signage. Or not...
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
It all goes back to the basic fact that you can't cure stupid.....

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote