Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2015, 10:18 AM   #1

Restaurant Search

Can anyone recommend an RV friendly restaurant in the Utica, New York area that has outside seating for my wife, family pet & me? Thank You!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2015, 10:28 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunns View Post
Can anyone recommend an RV friendly restaurant in the Utica, New York area that has outside seating for my wife, family pet & me? Thank You!
I am going to say, you, your wife, and pet......are not going to like eating outside in New York this time of year

I could not help myself........
In most all restaurant's , pets(other than aid dog's) are not allowed, even on outdoor patio's.........but it seems there are some..... http://www.bringfido.com/restaurant/state/new_york/

and http://www.dogfriendly.com/server/tr...yNYUtica.shtml

Old 01-25-2015, 10:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
I am going to say, you, your wife, and pet......are not going to like eating outside in New York this time of year

I could not help myself........
In most all restaurant's , pets(other than aid dog's) are not allowed, even on outdoor patio's.........but it seems there are some..... Dog Friendly Restaurants in New York

and Utica, New York Pet-Friendly Hotels, Dog-Friendly Restaurants, Dog Parks and Travel Guide
Maybe I should have been more specific---I grew up just south of Utica in the 1940's so am well aware of -40 deg. & 14 foot snow drifts around our farm. I was looking ahead to May for a little overnighter with some family members. We have been to Piggy Pat's BBQ but the service wasn't very kind to my wife. I'm still looking for a place to eat.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:30 AM   #4

Utica, NY restaurants for RV:
I grew up in Utica as well; try a place called Voss's near Whitesboro. Great BBQ with awesome ice cream. Outside picnic tables with umbrellas, but parking is tight. I'll wave as I head to Oneida lake to fish.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmukles View Post
Utica, NY restaurants for RV:
I grew up in Utica as well; try a place called Voss's near Whitesboro. Great BBQ with awesome ice cream. Outside picnic tables with umbrellas, but parking is tight. I'll wave as I head to Oneida lake to fish.
Thanks! I will check it out. Speaking of Oneida Lake, we are planning on stopping at Verona State Park for a picnic lunch on our way up to 1000 Islands KOA campground. Any other tips for the area?

Vic
Old 01-26-2015, 10:30 AM   #6

If you are heading to the 1000 islands i can help with food suggestions up there. That is where i am from!!
NY Camper 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 04:37 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Laws do not prohibit pets If there is an outside access/entry to the restaurants dining area. It is up to the management.
http://petfriendlyrestaurants.com/
Dog-Friendly Restaurant Guide - DogFriendly.com

While not all outdoor restaurants allow dogs, many restaurants throughout the United States and Canada allow people to dine outside with their pooch. There are certain rules of thumb to follow that will increase your chances of finding a pet-friendly establishment. First, make sure you can access the outdoor seats without having to walk through the inside of the restaurant. Second, find a restaurant that does not serve food outside. Restaurants that require you to order your food inside and then take the food to an outdoor table are more likely to allow dogs than an outdoor restaurant where waiters serve food. While fast food restaurants fall under this category, so do a varieties of cafes. Third, if you prefer to have food served by a waiter, it is just a matter of asking around at various restaurants. To help narrow down your search, try finding a restaurant that offers sidewalk seating. A sidewalk is usually considered a public right-of-way where dogs are permitted, but it is still up to the restaurant management to allow dogs. Fourth, you will always need to ask a restaurant employee in advance if your pooch is welcome to dine with you al fresco. It most cases, it is up the restaurant owner to decide the policy.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:37 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: DW Driver -Winter Englewood FL, Summer Willingboro NJ
some place nice is sunset park in Oswego NY. Restaurant nearby and ice cream too. Nice direct view of lake Ontario. Utica I assume is for the summer trip. this camp ground is very basic. Just a place to stop over night and watch the sunset.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:51 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunns View Post
Thanks! I will check it out. Speaking of Oneida Lake, we are planning on stopping at Verona State Park for a picnic lunch on our way up to 1000 Islands KOA campground. Any other tips for the area?

Vic
What side of the island is your site Vic?
We were on the west side.......this was taken right out front of our Coach
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01175.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	84336  
Old 01-27-2015, 08:19 AM   #10

Oneida lake also has sylvan beach near Verona, with a restaurant called Cinderellas. It has sidewalk type seating available and good food. On the south shore of Oneida lake is a place called Johnnies Pier 13. Not sure about pets, but there is an outside deck facing the lake. Safe travels.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:22 PM   #11

1000 KOA Campground

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
What side of the island is your site Vic?
We were on the west side.......this was taken right out front of our Coach
Thanks for the photo---I expect to get the same shot when we get there as we're booked in to spot L27 & cabin C1 (for the rest of the family).
Old 01-27-2015, 03:25 PM   #12

Johnnie's Pier 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmukles View Post
Oneida lake also has sylvan beach near Verona, with a restaurant called Cinderellas. It has sidewalk type seating available and good food. On the south shore of Oneida lake is a place called Johnnies Pier 13. Not sure about pets, but there is an outside deck facing the lake. Safe travels.
I tried to call Johnnie's but their winter hours are Thursday thru Sunday, so will wait a couple of days & retry. I looked at the place on Google Earth & wonder if the deck view is looking through some clutter or are the boats, trees, etc. lower?

Vic
Old 01-27-2015, 06:48 PM   #13

1000 Island KOA Campground

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Camper 86 View Post
If you are heading to the 1000 islands i can help with food suggestions up there. That is where i am from!!
Thank you for the offer but we're going to eat on the way up & back from Hartwick. While at the campground for a couple of days, we'll BBQ.

Vic