Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #15

First I check with Woodall's for ratings and to see what parks are in the area. Then I check RV Park Reviews. I also use Google Maps to get a good look at the part and the surrounding area. This method has worked well for me, so far.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #16

Speaking of Woodalls, my limited experience with them seemed to show a bias towards advertisers. Any comments?

Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
RVParkReviews.com for me. Every park I visit I submit a review. If you sorta rely on this site then help out and submit reviews. Also, since I stay at mostly military sites I also submit reviews to that site which is MilitaryCampGrounds.US. The more we each submit reviews the better the data for us all.
TJ (Teacup Poodle 2.7 lbs)
DutchStar38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
Love rvparkreviews.com, on the occasions we use private parks it's the first place we look. I tend to treat it the same way I did the bid process back when I was working however, toss out the highest and lowest then go from there.

'05 Lance 845/'06 F-250 or '99 Alpine 36SDS Usually towing an '01 Wrangler locked on 35"s or moderate '98 Cherokee on 33"s (rear locker only)
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by gklehner View Post
Made a few mistakes and had some rather uncomfortable nights.
Don't you hate it when you pull into a remote campground and you can almost hear the banjos playing?
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #20

Hey, I play banjo and find that keeps the sites close to me empty! Tends to keep the dogs and cats away too. Did you notice you never have to tell a banjo player to play louder.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog
Hey, I play banjo and find that keeps the sites close to me empty! Tends to keep the dogs and cats away too. Did you notice you never have to tell a banjo player to play louder.
When traveling did anyone ever break in to your RV while you were eating at Cracker Barrel and leave another banjo?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #22

Not in the motorhome at Cracker Barrel but they did when I had one in the back seat of my old Buick parked at KFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
When traveling did anyone ever break in to your RV while you were eating at Cracker Barrel and leave another banjo?
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just something to consider....RV Park Reviews won't post anything from you until you submit 3 reviews, otherwise it is a great resource.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by puttin View Post
Just something to consider....RV Park Reviews won't post anything from you until you submit 3 reviews, otherwise it is a great resource.
Has that recently changed? I submitted my first review less than a year ago and it was published the next day.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #25

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Has that recently changed? I submitted my first review less than a year ago and it was published the next day.
A person's reviews all get published, this procedure simply holds the first two until the third is submitted. What I understand is that there were two kinds of "frivolous" reviews that the website was trying to reduce or eliminate by instituting this practice.

The first was RV park owners who were having friends sign-up to submit glowing reviews of their own parks (or doing it themselves). By making them submit reviews of multiple parks they at least have to work a bit harder in order to do this.

The second class of review was the "rant" by someone about a particular experience he/she had at a particular campground. It's not that such negative reviews aren't permitted, but the intent was to discourage them from people who didn't intend to be participating members of the reviewer community and only wanted to gripe about a particular CG. The assumption was that even a casual RVer would stay at 3 locations over the course of a season so requiring 3 reviews before any of them are published wasn't that great a hardship.
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #26

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdryheat View Post
First I check with Woodall's for ratings and to see what parks are in the area. Then I check RV Park Reviews. I also use Google Maps to get a good look at the part and the surrounding area. This method has worked well for me, so far.
If you haven't tried it, you can save yourself a step by using the search feature on RVParkReviews. Just enter the city you are closest to in the Search screen and you will get a list of the nearest CG's with their ratings and distances from you summarized in a small table. You can click on any you are interested in and go directly to their listing.

There are a lot more cities in the search engine then there are cities with CG's so you don't need to worry about whether or not you are currently near a CG when you enter a search. Just enter where you are at the moment and it will let you know how far you have to go to find a CG.
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ole View Post
Don't you hate it when you pull into a remote campground and you can almost hear the banjos playing?
I much prefer the banjos over the thump-thump-thump of the $3,000 audio systems mounted in the $300 cars driving by the CG in the middle of the night.

Seriously though, we use and contribute to RV Park Reviews :: Home regularly. Like someone else said, we go more by the commentary than the number of stars the reviewer has submitted.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #28

It has been stated on the RV Parks Reviews forum, it has been stated the they utilize the Host Mask technology that will tell them what computer is being used to write the review. If a person wants to write a bogus review for whatever reason, they have to change computers as well as get another email (which takes about a minute or so). When I was in the lodging business, this cut down on bogus reviews as it makes it a little harder. When Trip Advisor started this it helped a lot.