Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #1

Reviewing RV Parks

I have found park reviews by RVers to be most helpful. My problem is it seems that many reviews are submitted by the parks (inflated just a tad) or paid for (have not had good results with some Good Sam recommended parks) and not quite accurate. The two web sites I use (still new at this and trying to figure things out) are RV Park Reviews :: Home which has reviews and We Camp Here | Where happy camping begins. for park locations and good information, but has little to no reviews.

So the big question is what is your favorite web site for park reviews?

And my request is that what ever your favorite site is, please submit reviews!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I use the RV Park Reviews that you mentioned, and a similar one called Campground Reviews and RV Park Reviews . All reviews taken with a grain of salt, as some can be a "friend" of the park and others with an ax to grind, but usually you can get a concensus.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #3

+1 on RV Park Reviews. It has been very helpful to us in the past 2 years during our travel around the USA.

Always keep this quote in mind:

"I have found a lot of misinformation on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Hands down, RV Park Reviews.

fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
RV Park reviews for us also. Read the comments and toss out the 1 or 2 highs or lows and you will usually be OK. We did 120 plus nights on our big trip this summer. We were only mislead once by RV Park reviews.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
campgroundreviews.com for me as well. But I'll also check out iRV2.com's - way smaller, but I often find reviews from members I've met so it gives a little more creedence than the ones on campgroundreviews.com.

I've put in about 35 reviews both here & on campgroundreviews.com. But what I like about iRV2 is I can post photos & also link to my photo albums here (which have even more campground photos). Lots of times, the photos on a campground's website are staged for the best show &/or they have very few photos of actual sites but a lot of people photos. I'd rather see what the sites look like than a bunch of people at a cookout or holiday weekend bash.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #7

campgroundreviews.com does not have a Smart phone app, but they do have a mobile site that works well with Android and that other one named after some fruit I believe. I keep it in my bookmarks on my Smart phone browser and get to it with just a couple of clicks. It is extremely handy and much better than having to turn on a laptop. We love it and have learned to work around the obvious fakes and just make a judgement call.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #8

Freightliner Owners Club
We also use campgroundreviews.com and it is pretty good. I find it reasonably accurate and haven't noticed phony postings. I do like the others suggest and read several reviews and try to distill the truth.

Nick
traveler of california is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:45 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
We use campgroundreviews.com to give us an idea of what to expect. We read the reviews and see what the reviewer owns. Then we check it out on google earth. Gives us a better idea of what lot sizes are.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:18 AM   #10

Bluepill, You gave credit to Abe Lincoln for that quote. I thought John Adams said that and Ole Abe drew the plans for the internet. Of course my information could be outdated.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #11

I read and contribute to rv park reviews. When I see a bashing review, I look to see other reviews by the same poster. Often, someone who gives consistent negative reviews just means that there is nothing short of a 5 star park where everything is free that would please these people. I just average everything out. Thus far the reviews of parks in which I stayed have been accurate. Having said that, it is still in the eyes of the beholder.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #12

I am getting ready to bash one of my favorite RV parks because of very stupid comments and cursing to me by the manager. I have nearly 100 on RVPark Reviews dot come. It will be a low score with a complete explanation and I will be returning.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #13

Have to say campgroundreviews.com has been my favorite, thanks to all who take the time to submit reviews!

All in all, as far as campgrounds go, my first requirement is safety/security, second is cleanliness, then look at hook ups, pet facilities, space, last is cost. Doesn't matter much if the site is cheap if you are uncomfortable with your surroundings. Made a few mistakes and had some rather uncomfortable nights. Then again, when we pull in with our '97 21' class c Gulfstream (first rv, full recondition) I imagine many are thinking "there goes the neighborhood!
Old 10-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

campgroundreviews.com for us too. We don't give much credence to the numerical ratings because they're all over the map. We focus on the comments.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote