Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2014, 03:08 PM   #1

Right Time To Buy ?

We are doing alot of research and interested in a 2014 new model. Has everything we like. It's discounted some, is there a time of year, it's best to buy for biggest discounts ? This model has a tub and we have had trouble finding those with a tub. We are empty nesters, but look forward to a few decades, if possible, of camping with our adult kids, and grands. We figure this is the 'best time of our life.' So we want to make the best choices.

We've looked at used, but just haven't found exactly what we like.
Bella222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2014, 03:17 PM   #2

I've noticed you have several post about buying this camper. Are you having second thoughts .
Old 09-22-2014, 03:33 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
The two tt's we bought new, we ended up "ordering" because we wanted certain options or interior trim color. On our currant hybrid RV (2013 Aerolite) we started in June 2011 when the new floor plan came out as a 2012 model. Didn't like the price that was given that included a trade. Waited till the local RV show the following Jan. and was given about the same price on the same unit from the same local dealer. Ended up contacting a dealer 2.5 hours away for a phone quote that was 50% out of pocket than my local dealer. Yes, my local dealer wanted $19k plus my 2005 tt. The other dealer (2.5 hours away) wanted $9800 plus my 2005 tt.

Ordered a 2012, but gave my a 2013 when I went to pick it up after it's 6 weeks to build. Took delivery March 2012 of a 2013 Aerolite 232ES.

Without a trade, I think you have more wiggle room in your negotiations.

Both dealers I worked with were giving my $6500 trade value. Ended up selling my 05' for $8500 on Craigslist, so I just paid the difference.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:38 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella222 View Post
We are doing alot of research and interested in a 2014 new model. Has everything we like. It's discounted some, is there a time of year, it's best to buy for biggest discounts ? This model has a tub and we have had trouble finding those with a tub. We are empty nesters, but look forward to a few decades, if possible, of camping with our adult kids, and grands. We figure this is the 'best time of our life.' So we want to make the best choices.

We've looked at used, but just haven't found exactly what we like.
If you have found the one you like and the model is scarce I would say you have answered your own question.

If you know it is scarce and hard to get you can rest assured that the dealer does as well. Get the best deal you can and buy it before someone else does. What is a year of use worth? - PRICELESS
Old 09-22-2014, 05:41 PM   #5

The right time is when you find a RV that you are totally pleased with, has all of the options you want, and the price is what "you" want to pay. That can all come at any time of the year.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:32 AM   #6

Right. Have looked alot online for this model. Finally found it! And if someone doesn't have it, they just want you to look thru their inventory, which is fine. But now I can't find anything I like as well. Thx for the tips.
Bella222 is offline   Reply With Quote