Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-16-2011, 06:46 PM   #15
Retired Fire Service RVer's

I have run Roadmaster tires for a number of years on my 10 weelers with zero problems. I run 11x24.5 but they should be very similar. I am tough on tires becfause we are heavy and back in tight residential driveways many times a day. I knw that everyone hates the chinabombs, and I agree with the st tires are junk, but I think that the commercial tires are a better grade, at least those from cooper.

03 Silverado cclb 3500 drw, D/A, Reese 22k hitch
07 Alfa SeeYa Gold 30RL,2 slides,power everything
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #16
Just got back from our first 300 mile trip with these and I am happy. Possibly a rougher ride than the goodyears that came from the factory but then again they are G load rather than the stock F.

GoBigGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:24 AM   #17
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by Poke a Long View Post
We only have a 24' MH and I have 31,000 plus on them with no problem, the tire says 80psi and the cab door says 65psi. I dropped down to 70 for a softer ride and we've had no issues.
I think if you go read the tires again you will find that the 80 psi is the MINIMUM pressure required for the MAXIMUM rating of the tire. If you're not at the maximum weight for the tire you can run less pressure if they provide a weight/pressure chart to go by.
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:37 PM   #18
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have Cooper on my Winne. Ride well but only on second year to see how they hold up. We had many Cooper truck tires when I was in the business. Had great results across the board with them (as good as the Michelin and Goodyear on some of our other vehicles). I am hoping I have the same experience with these. Price was way below the other two brands. That money can go towards more fuel and toys for the MH.
michealwhela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 02:00 PM   #19
Smile Cooper tires RM 170

Originally Posted by kartvines View Post
Still pricing tires and now I have found a complete set of 6 new tires, for just over $1,200.00 balanced and installed out the door. 225/70R 19.5 G rating

They are made in China, by Cooper tires, but was told by my Vendor Pete's Road Service that they normally don't recommend these tires, because they had so many problem with China about failures,[not this brand] but after talking to the Rep. for more than a hour and explaining to him that most motorhomes do not drive more that a few thousand miles a year, he changed his mind and went on to say he now think I am correct, and that he now believe that these tires a good value. He said that if they stay inflated property they should easily last the 5 normal years of life on a motorhome.

Has anyone used these times and if so can you please provide me with you personal review?
Hello fellow RVers.
I have a 31 foot Winnebago class A motorhome and do a lot of travelling from Canada (Vancouver Island) to Arizona in the winter and also with a RV club. I had those tires installed on my motorhome in Jan. 2010. I wanted to let you know that I am very happy with those tires with no problems at all.
Happy travels.
joopbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:52 AM   #20
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I inherited a set

A new set came on mine. They have been great. Seem to ride well and are holding up well. While not a fan of China I am a fan of Cooper. Had them on many trucks over the years and they always backed their products.
michealwhela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:46 PM   #21
I don't see any recent posts on the Cooper Roadmaster RM170 tires. Could someone that has used them for a while? We are planing on putting them on our RV before we head out this summer and would love to have some recent feedback before we do. Thanks.
BarbsLamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:07 PM   #22
Fleetwood Owners Club
Four years later I can still say that we use Cooper on our fleet trucks and have not had an issue with one yet. 3 HD trucks and 10 sets of trailers. The trailer tires that we have problems with generally are dated (old) tires and not Coopers.
Mark & Kathy, Rocket, Sadie & Ginger (Chihuahuas) So. Cal. FMCA 422677
2009 Fleetwood Expedition 38f 2016 RAM 1500 4x4
Swim, Bike, Run
macnkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:28 AM   #23
I love my Chinese Coopers. On my 3rd year with them and no worries.
dieharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:53 PM   #24
They sound like they are worth considering!

Anyone have more update/experience?

Also seriously considering my options for the drive axle as I like the idea of a more traction if I get onto grass/dirt/snow...
Keyair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:01 PM   #25
Monaco Owners Club
I put them on the front of my previous 36 ft. Pace Arrow. I liked them. I preferred them over GoodYear that were on it before. The only blow out I ever had was on GoodYears less than 3 months old and less than 800 miles on them.
Jerry Pauley
JerryofWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:26 AM   #26
I had 6 of them installed in Sep and in Oct did a 760 mile trip with no issues (other than brakes). I can't compare them to anything since I had never driven the MH before. this trip. From my limited experience, they seemed fine as far as handling and smoothness.
1998 Southwind Storm 34S
2015 Ford Focus Hatchback SE
Retired Air Force 1981-2006
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:43 AM   #27

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just my .02 cents,
64 caddie convert - Hankooks 2 years no problems (almost as heavy as my PA LOL)

1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.- just installed 6 AH11, Hankooks so far a lot better ride just installed. rear's 225x70x19.5 Have had fronts 2 months Very Happy,F's on the front and G Rated on the rears 120 psi. Installed, balanced about $1600.00 (replaced Bridgestone's, Michelin's )

1999 Deville - Good Years ensurance's 90,000 miles not 1 problem. Spendie, yes but lasted years, still got um on tried and trued.

Very Happy with Hankooks,

I looked into Roadmaster's also but just wasn't sure. They were Little less $$$

That's my experience.
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:45 PM   #28
After reading all of the posts on the Cooper RM 170 tires, it seams as though all the nay sayers haven't even ever tried them and wouldn't take the gamble with their precious equipment. I on the other hand am driven by price. We were just quoted 1832.00 installed here in MN. I think were going to do it. After some history, I'll report back.

chief47b is offline   Reply With Quote