Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #1

Smile roadside assistance

Looking for someone who has coach-net. What are the pros and cons between coach-net and AAA
mrwedeliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2011, 07:23 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Much less hastle with CoachNet. They will know what you need if you're stranded. AAA sends anyone who they think might be able to handle it- you might wait awhile if the guy has the wrong truck/tools/tires, etc. Take my advice.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by puttin View Post
Much less hastle with CoachNet. They will know what you need if you're stranded. AAA sends anyone who they think might be able to handle it- you might wait awhile if the guy has the wrong truck/tools/tires, etc. Take my advice.
CoachNet also makes that mistake! Even though I told them I needed a large truck tire repair with at least 50' of air hose they sent a car wrecker with 25' of hose and only a air storage tank. I ended up using my onboard air.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:29 AM   #4

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

I don't have any experience with RV AAA, but I have used Coach Net for 20 years. They have always done the right job and in some cases had OEM tech support on the phone to help troubleshoot. First question is always "are you in a safe place" and then what is your problem.
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:38 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Coach-net also offers tech support for RV problems - you can call them if your furnace won't light or the hot water isn't. They don't send an RV reapirman, but they will give telephone advice to help you find the problem.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:23 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
We could have upgraded out AAA to cover the M/H cheaper then Coachnet but decided on Coachnet. They will bring a new tire to your location and change it, AAA will only install your spare which we don't carry.
Coachnet tech support is another plus as well as their tow it or repair on the road option.
bigskymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:41 AM   #7

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
AAA RV service is also dependent on which area of the country you're in. Each regional AAA club may or may not offer the same level of RV service. We have never had to use our Coach-Net directly but did indirectly through Ford and both times received efficient service.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:51 AM   #8

We have had Coach Net for several years and have used it three times for issues (battery jump, tire valve stem, tech support for levelers) and been very pleased with the response. We investigated AAA several years ago and were told that their coverage is regional - not all districts offer rv service or may offer a different level. If you were in a district that did not provide service you were on your own. That was several years ago, perhaps different now. We also have had Good Sam roadside assistance. Our experience with them was just ok - our experience with Coach Net has been far superior.
jzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:09 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
With our first MH we tried AAA + RV, they sent anyone that they could and not one of them could handle an RV with a problem! At one point they wanted to send a Body Shop for an engine problem??? Go figure?
Went to CoachNet and have never had a problem and as stated above they have 24hr. Techs that can talk you through anything!
I've had to use them twice so far and their service has been excellent!

Regards,
RovinOn
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Roadside Assistance

Has anybody used Good Sam and how was the service?
Akibase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:48 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
If you are looking for just ERS, and not RV related problems, check your insurance policy. Many provide basic services, such as fuel if you run out, locked out, towing, flat repair, etc, included with the policy.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:10 AM   #12

Akibase:
I had Good Sam for probably 10 years and was towed 5 times and had a tire changed once. Had to wait a while on a couple, but I was 60 miles to the nearest town, and I was more than happy with the service. I have recently changed to Coach-Net--due to good reports on this forum and cost as I joined FMCA and the cost was lower for hopefully the same or better service. I have had both 5ers and now a MH.
Hope this helps.
Jerry H
fishfryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:03 AM   #13

HELP fishfryer
You went from a 5er to a MH and I would like to know how you feel about them both. Did you have as much room in the 5er and did you get tired of the hookups or what was your main reason to change? Trying to pick one.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akibase View Post
Has anybody used Good Sam and how was the service?
yep" me; I've used them for years; never had a problem; they one time had to send a truck 40 miles one way to change a tire for me; the truck was there in 45 minutes. ( I was out in the bounies in New mexico.).
This was sad; the repair truck blew a radator hose and had to have a truck come get him. he came in blowing steam every where.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote