Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2014, 08:46 AM   #15

Had to use coach net twice last year. Both times very professional. Once for a flat tire in Penn. and once for blown tranny in SC. The have an auto call back feature where they call every hour until you are satisfied.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2014, 09:21 AM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
My MH is insured with GEICO and I pay a $7.00/6 months for Emergency road service. Thankfully I have not had to use this feature yet.

a_snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:23 AM   #17

Send a message via Skype™ to ROMANICHEL
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_snowbird View Post
My MH is insured with GEICO and I pay a $7.00/6 months for Emergency road service. Thankfully I have not had to use this feature yet.
My old insurance company offer me the same service, had to used them once for a flat tire in Connecticut, turned out I had to pay for everything, they pay me back but only 7 months later, at $7.00 per month there are no saving since it's only for 6 months and many of us traveled year rounds. I maintained that GS offers the best services for your money.
Mike
Old 05-03-2014, 10:31 AM   #18

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMANICHEL View Post
My old insurance company offer me the same service, had to used them once for a flat tire in Connecticut, turned out I had to pay for everything, they pay me back but only 7 months later, at $7.00 per month there are no saving since it's only for 6 months and many of us traveled year rounds. I maintained that GS offers the best services for your money.
Mike
Wow, in Connecticut...that had to cost you a "pretty penny"......nothing cheap in here at all...gas now hitting $4.00 a gallon...Chuck
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:50 AM   #19

nt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver-Max View Post
We called AAA and they came right out even though I am not a AAA member.
Oliver-Max
I doubt that the service company that "came right out" was AAA.
It was, (most likely), the same service company that any other ERS would have sent to anyone needing service in the area.

AAA is not a "repair", (or "towing"), service "provider".
Like all other ERSs, (Good Sam, CoachNet, etc.), AAA is a "dispatch company/club".
All ERS, (Emergency Road Service), companies/clubs simply send a "local repair, (or tow), company", to the disabled vehical of a "member in good standing", and they pay for only "any "covered" service", (IF the member is lucky).

BTW, if/when you call your ERS needing emergency road service, your ERS tells you what they are going to do, (and/or where they are going to have your vehical towed)... You have little choice in the matter.

Mel
'96 Safari, CoachNet ERS, (14+ years)
Old 05-04-2014, 07:17 AM   #20

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMANICHEL View Post
Mike
It is not $7.00 a month Mike, it is $7.00 for 6 months.
a_snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:03 AM   #21

Send a message via Skype™ to ROMANICHEL
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster52 View Post
Wow, in Connecticut...that had to cost you a "pretty penny"......nothing cheap in here at all...gas now hitting $4.00 a gallon...Chuck
I was told that Connecticut is the worst state to brake down, !!!!
Old 05-04-2014, 10:05 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
nt

Oliver-Max
I doubt that the service company that "came right out" was AAA.
It was, (most likely), the same service company that any other ERS would have sent to anyone needing service in the area.

AAA is not a "repair", (or "towing"), service "provider".
Like all other ERSs, (Good Sam, CoachNet, etc.), AAA is a "dispatch company/club".
All ERS, (Emergency Road Service), companies/clubs simply send a "local repair, (or tow), company", to the disabled vehical of a "member in good standing", and they pay for only "any "covered" service", (IF the member is lucky).

BTW, if/when you call your ERS needing emergency road service, your ERS tells you what they are going to do, (and/or where they are going to have your vehical towed)... You have little choice in the matter.

Mel
'96 Safari, CoachNet ERS, (14+ years)
I called AAA and they arrived within 20 minutes. I had my tire changed and was on the way in about 45 minutes. There was no service available at my location through Good Sam's. My guess is the local AAA towing service does not have a contract with the Good Sam's ERS in that area nor does anybody else.

All I'm saying is that Good Sam's service is not available all over the country as they would have you believe. Therefore, I'm looking for other options. Other ERS's may not have had service where I was at either but I'm shopping. With insurance I've been told it's wise to keep comparing coverage because things change.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:52 AM   #23
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Roadside Assistance

Coach-Net Gold came bundled with my RV insurance policy. What I like about the program is that the person is protected in whatever vehicle they happened to be in and not the equipment.

Another good resource is the Coach-Net app on my phone.

AAA disallowed service when I needed them must and I dropped them more than 10 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:59 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Coach-Net is not available in California for new members, existing can renew but that is it. Not sure why they no longer accept new members from California, they will only say "We are not accepting new applications for California Residents at this time". Anyone know why?
UsualSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:01 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
We are using just the GS (Platinum, or something like that) Roadside Assistance. No AAA. No problems. Suspect that the providers they subcontract are often the same ones that CoachNet uses. \ken

Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote