Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2018, 11:24 AM   #1

Roadside assistance insurance.

Need to buy a policy to cover towing and roadside issues. Have used Good Sam and Coachnet. Coachnet is asking $249.00 first year. Goodsam wants $114.00...... since we only use our coach 3 months a year I tend to shop fir the best deal. So...what company would you recommend??????
daryl989mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2018, 12:15 PM   #2

Who do you have insurance with for the MH? Call them and ask if they offer the coverage. My mh bought new, comes with 5 years RSS from Ford, but when it runs out, I’ll call Progressive and add their coverage. I had it with a previous mh, used it once, and they did their part well.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 12:52 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Some RSS is more then coming out to help. I have Coach Net and they have an excellent Tech support service which can walk you through many of your problems. I have used that more then the RSS. The $249 is first year only premium. After that the renewal rate is $169

I've been with them for 9 years and I trust them. They do what I expect them to do.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:54 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We've been using Good Sam for the last 18 years with only one less-than-satisfactory incident. I really don't think there is a lot of difference in any of the major players.

When our GS comes up for renewal I plan to look closely at the FMCA plan!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
Some RSS is more then coming out to help. I have Coach Net and they have an excellent Tech support service which can walk you through many of your problems. I have used that more then the RSS. The $249 is first year only premium. After that the renewal rate is $169

I've been with them for 9 years and I trust them. They do what I expect them to do.
Hi Tony,

So if one calls with a house system issue they will troubleshoot over the phone?

Do they have access to coach or systems specific drawings, manuals etc?
Old 07-09-2018, 03:38 PM   #6

Here is a link to nearly 5,000 threads with the same topic.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22r...earch=irv2.com

Take 5-10 from the last 2 months and skim through them and you will have your answers, but from a far wider cross section of the members than you will reach with this thread.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
Who do you have insurance with for the MH? Call them and ask if they offer the coverage. My mh bought new, comes with 5 years RSS from Ford, but when it runs out, I’ll call Progressive and add their coverage. I had it with a previous mh, used it once, and they did their part well.
I had both from the RV manufacturer and Ford for first year, and now have four more years from Ford. But I checked my insurer ( Safeco) and they would charge $16/yr.
LarryinID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:42 AM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I've had Coach Net for years, have used it a few times. Seems like I'm about even with benefit/cost over the years. Still worthwhile to have.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:01 AM   #9

Make sure the ford tow will cover your trailer or you will be leaving it behind and finding a tow yourself.

With your regular insurance make sure it’s more than a few miles. As my daughter found out it really isn’t far enough.

I prefer something with roadside. I carry some parts and would hope roadside can get me back on the road without a tow. Towing is always a risk, one I would like to avoid.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
Here is a link to nearly 5,000 threads with the same topic.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22r...earch=irv2.com

Take 5-10 from the last 2 months and skim through them and you will have your answers, but from a far wider cross section of the members than you will reach with this thread.
Yep! This topic comes up at least once a week.
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:19 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by weredoingit View Post
Yep! This topic comes up at least once a week.
In every forum.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:23 AM   #12

Progressive

I recently broke down in NC on 95 and I called Progressive and they would
only tow me to a repair shop thatI named but I had a hard time finding some one that would replace the fan belt and no one could be found that would work on chassis and did find a Ford dealerbut had a 2 week wait.
Finally found a road service that would do it and to replace the belt cost $550.00.
Nick
seadaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl989mich View Post
Need to buy a policy to cover towing and roadside issues. Have used Good Sam and Coachnet. Coachnet is asking $249.00 first year. Goodsam wants $114.00...... since we only use our coach 3 months a year I tend to shop fir the best deal. So...what company would you recommend??????
I've been a AAA member for over 25 years, some people here say you need AAA RV. I don't I just have AAA 100 mile tow each call (They always ask me where I want to go). They have sent 2 tow trucks to me 2 times when my tow vehicle broke down. Just renewed yesterday for $185 for the year. I get 5 tows or service calls for my card and my wife gets 5 with her card.
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:59 PM   #14

Low cost seems to be your priority. FMCA offers roadside assistance for $60/yr with corresponding membership- for 3 yrs max.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance