Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2010, 07:08 PM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
we have coach net now for two years

i havent had to use them...but my dad has gs and they will change out a tire carcass to a rim on the road,
Unlimited Tire Assistance

Changing of your vehicle’s flat tire using the vehicle’s good mounted and inflated spare tire, delivery of a comparable tire to the disablement site or for towing of your vehicle to a repair facility.

where as coach net will only change a built up tire.....
so this renewal i am going to look at both a little deeper it says they will deliver a comparable spare...but does not say if the tire will be mounted...
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #16

Forest River Owners Club
Coach-Net is #1 RV roadside assistance plan by pretty much all accounts ...and covers all other vehicles in your family for pretty low annual cost. AAA does not seem to work well for RVs.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 05:14 AM   #17

Having just checked the AAA website; Premier AAA service with a motor home or trailer 33 feet or more and added associate would be $267.00. Need anything else said. It appears they do not want to deal with large vehicles.
OSP1268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:59 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am with Coach Net. Pick up the phone and call them, I did, big difference.
Coach Net - Are you in a safe place, what is the nature of your call?
Good Sam - Answered phone did not speak much English, could not communicate, I hung up and went with Coach Net
Lakeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:05 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
There is only ONE Emergency Roadside Service that will provide whatever is needed to get you back on the road and in the safest way possible, Coach-Net.

I can truthfully say, "You're in Good Hands With Coach-Net".

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:34 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
so this renewal i am going to look at both a little deeper it says they will deliver a comparable spare...but does not say if the tire will be mounted...

I was just thinking of changing from GS, to Coachnet. However, I do not carry a built-up spare....only a tire. Reason... if the front tire blows, it will need a that kind of rim. If a rear tire blows, it will need that kind of rim. I can't carry a mounted spare that will fit both front or rear. The spare will have to be mounted on the rim, at the site. So, I guess I'll stay with GS and hope they will mount the tire for me.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:28 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When I had two blowouts on my 5er, the first time GS sent someone out to put on my spare. The second time, they sent someone with a tire and they changed it on the side of the road.

Both times, the first question from GS was, are you safe?
Both times the service took less than 30 minutes.
Both times we got a callback lass than an hour later checking that everything was ok now.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:14 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I vote for Coach-Net-BIGGEST reason NO junk mail in two years.
Safe travels...
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:05 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I heard that!
Lakeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:49 PM   #24

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSP1268 View Post
Having just checked the AAA website; Premier AAA service with a motor home or trailer 33 feet or more and added associate would be $267.00. Need anything else said. It appears they do not want to deal with large vehicles.
AAA varies from one region to another as far as RV services are concerned. Some regions don't provide RV road service at all and you are on your own but can be reimbursed to a point. Was enough for us to change to GSERS way back. However, we recently went with Coach-Net when the financial stability of the GSERS parent came into question.
Coach-Net is used by Ford for their warranty road service. In fact, Coach-Net answers the phone when you call Ford road service. We've had several experiences with Coach-Net through Ford and all have all been favorable. Always prompt and knowledgeable.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:06 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

Good Sam ERS versus Coach-Net ERS.

Changing of your vehicle’s flat tire using the vehicle’s good mounted and inflated spare tire, delivery of a comparable tire to the disablement site or for towing of your vehicle to a repair facility.

There isn't an ERS that will not charge you for a new 22.5 size tire and to mount it.

First off, there are so many different tire sizes and wheel differences that, who knows what your coach might have. Second, it doesn't make any sense to carry a mounted spare for a 22.5 tire. I carry an unmounted spare tire in my cargo trailer as there are too many places that won't have my tire size where I travel.

The cost of a new tire and mounting it is cheap compared to spending the time on the side of the road with a flat tire wondering what the heck am I going to do now.

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:27 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Here is something that I "cut & pasted" from an email I received from another forum.

Quote:

Good news (Net-Coach ) / bad news (AAA RV services)!

I had AAA RV PLUS services for about 20 years and have used them 5 to 10 times with very happy outcome! Two years ago I moved up to a class A coach and called them with the upgrade and they stated no problem; my service is still good!

Bad News! (Flat on Sunday)

Had a quick trip (unplanned) from Texas to San Diego to cover for my brother and on the way back I had a blow-out; left front wheel 6AM.

Old tires (Me bad - had new ones in the shed waiting for a mobile service to come to my house after the new year)!

Called AAA for service and they said no service for tires over 19.5 sorry, goodbye! Called AAA today and in Texas they do not support big rigs sorry, again; I drop them today too!
Quote:
Good news!

Felt the tire going bad and had both hands on the wheel and the Safety-T Plus worked great! Was right on a off ramp and made it with little damage to my rig; Some sheet medal around the LP tank, had it fixed before the repair man showed up with pop rivets and a drill! Called Net-Coach and became a member over the phone and they dispatched a fix-it man but I had to pay for this repair; Not bad in my view; never had one before but $299 for a new Goodyear tire (9R22.5) he had it on his truck too; and $100 for the
cost of the roadside service. Never watched a road side tire exchanged but in less than 20 minutes (all by hand two guys) I was back on the road. From the call timed to on the road again was less than 2 hrs and I was very pleased! No problems and now I will have a spare tire in my basement!

I do not know if this is the normal or I was very lucky but I will add this to my road side fun book and get my tires replaced before the next trip!

John C.

It pays to read thoroughly and understand exactly what your ERS will cover and how they will handle your emergency.

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:42 AM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
I've used my Good Sam twice and had great service...
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote