Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2019, 10:02 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCam View Post
If not, have you checked with your insurance company to see what they offer. I have both insurance and roadside service through Progressive and saved a bundle

I'm glad you had good service from progressive getting a tow. I had a blow out on my gas class A and when I called Progressive's roadside assistance the young lady on the other end had no clue at all. She literally did not know what a Class A RV was or how to help me. I kept telling her I needed a commercial trucking emergency tire service to bring a new tire and change it out on location. She kept trying to recommend RV sales places. After twenty minutes I gave up, called my son-in -law, who is in the OTR trucking business, told him where I was and he told me which regional service to call. Less than an hour later, with a new tire changed out and installed, we were on our way. I used the down time to go online and signup for a "real" service designed specifically for large motorized RV's before continuing the trip.

Lesson learned....I'll pay more to ensure that when I call I am talking to someone that knows what I need and can quickly dispatch it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2019, 11:08 AM   #16

Jayco Owners Club
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-1701A View Post
I'm glad you had good service from progressive getting a tow. I had a blow out on my gas class A and when I called Progressive's roadside assistance the young lady on the other end had no clue at all. She literally did not know what a Class A RV was or how to help me. I kept telling her I needed a commercial trucking emergency tire service to bring a new tire and change it out on location. She kept trying to recommend RV sales places. After twenty minutes I gave up, called my son-in -law, who is in the OTR trucking business, told him where I was and he told me which regional service to call. Less than an hour later, with a new tire changed out and installed, we were on our way. I used the down time to go online and signup for a "real" service designed specifically for large motorized RV's before continuing the trip.

Lesson learned....I'll pay more to ensure that when I call I am talking to someone that knows what I need and can quickly dispatch it.
So you signed up for a "real" service designed for large motorized RV's.
Care you let us all in on what service you called? To my knowledge, which is very limited at the time, FMCA is the only one for ONLY motorhomes. Trying to decide on which roadside service to obtain. Thus far, FMCA is taking the lead.
DamonCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 12:41 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have Coach.net. I have used it several times and they got there in a timely manner, furnished a replacement tire when needed, recommended a great place for repairs and they call and check up on me to be sure the work got done.

They also cover our cars or any vehicle we are driving or riding in weather we own it or not. They even agreed to come pull our Subaru out of some mud (whoops).
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.We tow a 2001 XJ (Cherokee) RVM#189
Kahoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:44 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonCamper View Post

So you signed up for a "real" service designed for large motorized RV's.
Care you let us all in on what service you called? To my knowledge, which is very limited at the time, FMCA is the only one for ONLY motorhomes. Trying to decide on which roadside service to obtain. Thus far, FMCA is taking the lead.

Sorry...I forgot that detail. At the time I signed up with Coach-Net. Never had to use them, though. I currently have GS Roadside, but with stories I've been hearing, I'll probably go back to Coach-Net when renewal is due.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:17 AM   #19

When we were looking for a roadside plan last year, and after a lot of research, we opted for Coach-Net, as they had the best overall plan. Yes, it is a bit more than some of the others, but when I need someone for assistance, it is nice to know they know what I have and what I need. I will be renewing my plan with them
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 11:36 AM   #20

When my GS expired I went with FMCA.

Tags
service