Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRHost View Post
...so it's really temp-neutral.
Well, not temp neutral. Due to the inherent inefficiencies of compressors and the entire refrigeration cycle used, DEhumidifiers will exhaust air that is warmer than it intakes. By quite a few degrees, albeit far from "hot."

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2011, 07:06 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I put the Max Air vent covers on all three vents and use the vent insulating pillows on the two in the main living area most of the time. I leave the vent cracked open in the bath room area 24/7 even in storage.

VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:34 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonavonP View Post
IWillTry.org » Blog Archive » Heat your home with a dehumidifier

This guy does a nice job of explaining the net gain of heat with a dehumidifier. Plus you're not letting heat out the roof vent.
This is great info - I've been trying to figure out the condensaton puzzel and the answer has been sitting in the closet right next to me. Thank-you DonavonP.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:05 AM   #18

I'm not 100 percent certain but I do not believe the furnace in any way removes moisture...... am I wrong?
Old 11-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
I'm not 100 percent certain but I do not believe the furnace in any way removes moisture...... am I wrong?
You are right on. Heating to "remove" moisture is not quite the right term. If you heat air then the relative humidity in per-cent will decrease. Thus it will "feel" like moisture has been removed. Cool that same air back down and you will be exactly where you started in terms of humidity.

Relative humidity is a measure of how "saturated" the air is and is directly related to the temperature of the air. Warmer air can "hold" more water (in terms of volume) than cooler air. Thus given the same volume of water in the same volume of air if heated the % will drop and if cooled the % will increase. If cooled too much - below the "dew point" - we have rain. It is the % that we "feel" as humidity.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:53 AM   #20

Ok now I understand ... LOL