Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-25-2015, 03:05 PM   #15
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by Selah View Post
I've seen several,comments that central vacs do not have much power. I don't know what brand they are referring to but our InterVac has far mor power than the typical compact stand alone. Unless your willing to store a full size stand up, a GOOD central vac will do and it's a lot easier to store. We even have a power brush for ours.

Depends on the central vac you buy! Like everything else, there's good, better, and best! The "airwatts" rating on central vacs is the best measure of the true cleaning power. The Dirt Devil CV-1500 is rated at 501 airwatts, which is about the same as many smaller stick house units. I don't have one, but it should do an excellent job!

Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2015, 03:20 PM   #16
We LOVE our Roomba. It's in the S&B and we have 2 boxers & 2 cats that keep it busy sucking up hair. It really does a good job and can go places in the house that a vacuum can't easily get to.

We have a Shark central vac in the coach and if we had to have just one, I think the central vac is better because of the wand and being able to reach the steps, dash and other elevated surfaces. I have thought about letting Roomba travel with us though!

Karen & Gary
Glamping is not for the faint of heart!
with furkids Gypsy & Cody &
traveling in a 2011 Ventana 3433!
KarenS144 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:25 PM   #17
Also check out the Neato.....they have some good reviews...
GENECOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:51 PM   #18
I have 3 floors in my S&B and I have a Roomba on each floor. We have to use my central every week or so on the floor we "live in" but keeps the sand and crumb picked up and gets under furniture better. One is 3 years old and the other is 2 years. I bought the third one last week at Sams. I am lazy and I am sold on them. Think I will go try it in RV, haven't used it there.
brabono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:51 PM   #19
I have a Neato pet and allergy model for the house. We run it everyday M - F. We do not run it on the weekends since we are usually home and it interferes with what we have going on. I have to empty it each day. We used to vacuum on Sat mornings. I will say our house is generally cleaner than it used to be. We still vacuum about once a month mainly to use the crevice tool along the baseboards, and to clean where the robot does not go ie under our couch. As pleased as we are with it I could not see using it in the MH, just too many obstacles that would prevent it from being efficient.

mikelcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:14 PM   #20
Monaco Owners Club
Our new (to us!) 2012 Endeavor came with an installed central vacuum system. Vacuuming with the actual vacuum attachment and long hose is OK ... but nothing special. However, the thing that I refer to as the "electric dustpan" is sweet!

The coach has ceramic tile flooring throughout - which is easily cleaned with just a broom. I love being able to grab a broom and quickly sweep up whatever needs being swept - pushing it close to the opening of the "electric dustpan", activating it with my toe - and watching everything just disappear without having to bend over and fight to pick up ALL of the debris (sand, dirt, crumbs, etc.) I check the vacuum back (accessible via one of the storage compartments in the "basement") once a month or so. Beats the hell out of wrestling with hoses and AC power cords just to pick up a little sand or a few crumbs in the kitchen!
2012 HR Endeavor 43' DFT, 2012 Jeep Liberty
SpaceNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 05:53 PM   #21
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
No matter what anyone thinks of the Roomba, it can't vacumn your furniture, engine dog house or anything else that dog hair gets on that isn't on the floor.
May I add to your list? Since a Roomba is round, none the corners in the MH can be reached or swept. I can imagine corners full of hair.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 05:58 PM   #22

I'll stick with our Roomba, cleans the floor everyday. I use a regular vacuum to do everything up high every couple of weeks.

We'll never give up our Roomba.
2013 DSDP 4347, all electric, 450 H.P. ISL
Air & hydraulic leveling
14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland toad
PDR John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:06 PM   #23

Wow, you all have given me a lot to think about! Thank you!
Jim and Lynn, Disney and Ody (Pom babies)
2015 Discovery 40E
Toad 2014 Chevy Silverado 4x4
Fulltime and loving it!
lsw9658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:11 PM   #24

We have romba for the house. It does OK, but we don't rely on it as a main vacuum. It is not that powerful. It helps, but definitely not a replacement for a real vacuum for our standards.

For the RV we have the central vac that is the InterVac. We were pleasantly surprised how powerful it is. Very nice vacuum. We did add the cordless Hoover upright. Between the InterVac and the Hoover the RV stays pretty clean even with a pet.

2014 Raptor 300MP, 2014 Cowboy Cadillac - Ram 3500 Crew Cab Long Bed Longhorn 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel DRW 4.10 Rear End, Firestone Airbags, Curt Q20.
raineman is offline   Reply With Quote