Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2015, 09:29 PM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by padre44 View Post
All RV parks have a list of rules. Trouble is, they are not enforced. Why do so many people think they don't have to follow the rules, which usually infringe on others' enjoyment of the park? Are they just that inconsiderate of others or are they just clueless?
It's a common issue all over when you get to the root of it.

Folks used to call others out when rude or bad behavior happened. Now days almost no one does.

People cut in line, no one says anything.
Potty mouth in front of kids or ladies, no one says a thing.
See someone stealing, no one says a thing.
Block the isle in the store with their cart in the only narrow spot on the isle, no one says a thing.

The list can go on for days. Now not everyone keeps their mouth shut, I sure don't (and people with me freak out and tell me to hush, don't start nothing Jay) but most people do/say nothing.

Everything just keeps getting accepted.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2015, 10:40 PM   #16

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
X2, my grandson and I almost got taken out by some idiot on a cellphone toady. She almost swerved into us at about 50mph, while we were sitting still at a stop sign, missed us by inches. Sure hope that phone call was important. Rules are like locks on your house, they keep honest people honest. Only problem is it only takes one self centered idiot to ruin your day or maybe your life. And of course they are always so sorry when they get caught and have to pay the consequences, I'm so sick people who think rules are for everyone but them.
Glad you both are OK, Mike. My wife was almost killed by a drunk driver over 14 years ago, I was on-duty at the fire station and responded to her wreck. Then, a year later after recovering from that mess she was hit again by a construction truck driver that was on his radio. Unbelievable.

Like somebody stated on another "stupid person" thread, when they come that close to hitting you, they are "too close for missiles, so changing to guns". . . . .

Bruce
Firebug5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:53 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphie View Post
I think the answer to your questions is "all the above." They probably are the same way at work, at home, or just out and about in general. Problem is you can't legislate stupidity, crassness, douchebaggery, etc.
I think this pretty much sums it up. It is an epidemic in my opinion and not getting any better.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:56 AM   #18

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
All RV parks have a list of rules. Trouble is, they are not enforced. Why do so many people think they don't have to follow the rules, which usually infringe on others' enjoyment of the park? Are they just that inconsiderate of others or are they just clueless?
There are some parks that enforce the rules. The park that we stay in has all the standard rules, 5 MPH speed limit, pick up after your dogs, 11:00 pm quiet time, etc. Very reasonable rules found in almost all RV parks.

The difference is with this park is this: One violation of the rules there is a $25.00 fine. The second violation of the rules and you are evicted.

The owners say: "No hard feelings, have a nice trip. These are reasonable rules and not hard to follow. If you can't follow them, leave." They are great people, very reasonable , they just want the rules followed.

There are signs everywhere stating this policy and we personally have seen it in happen.

It is a nice quiet park where everyone picks up after their dogs, and no one speeds in their vehicles. We love it.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:34 PM   #19
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

I think a little of both, but I think the inconsiderate ones would be in the majority!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:35 PM   #20
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa Miller View Post
I say this little prayer... Lord give the strength to over look these idiots or the wisdom to hide their bodies well ! Amen

Old 03-19-2015, 05:01 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks....I learned a new word...

Quote:
I think the answer to your questions is "all the above." They probably are the same way at work, at home, or just out and about in general. Problem is you can't legislate stupidity, crassness, douchebaggery, etc.
Thanks...Now I just need to use it in a sentence....and that should not take too long

Dan
Old 03-19-2015, 08:37 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebug5 View Post
Glad you both are OK, Mike. My wife was almost killed by a drunk driver over 14 years ago, I was on-duty at the fire station and responded to her wreck. Then, a year later after recovering from that mess she was hit again by a construction truck driver that was on his radio. Unbelievable.

Like somebody stated on another "stupid person" thread, when they come that close to hitting you, they are "too close for missiles, so changing to guns". . . . .

Bruce
Thanks Bruce, being retired LE I was going to chase her down, but I had my 6 year old Grandson with me. Had she continued she would have hit us at the A-pillar and you know what that does. I too have had to respond to accidents where it was relatives, but never as bad as yours, that is a nightmare for sure. I always appreciated the single vehicle accidents where alcohol or cell phones were involved, at least they only hurt themselves. Take care...Mike
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:50 PM   #23

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Political correctness and all, can you still use that word? I thought they banned it.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:10 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Folks, this is what America has come to. The old standards of mutual respect and self control are dead or dying. It's everybody for himself, and many have a sense of entitlement. Sad to see our country in such a state of moral decay. No wonder we have so many problems.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:30 AM   #25

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Seems like an awful lot of anti-police segments on tv lately. If we don-t change we will become another third world country. My opinion.
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:34 AM   #26

Angry

Paul Harvey got it right: "We, as a species, are devolving, not evolving!"
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:04 PM   #27
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NITEHAWK View Post
Paul Harvey got it right: "We, as a species, are devolving, not evolving!"

That Paul Harvey was a smart man!
Old 03-20-2015, 02:33 PM   #28

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Car Nut View Post
It's a common issue all over when you get to the root of it.

Folks used to call others out when rude or bad behavior happened. Now days almost no one does.

People cut in line, no one says anything.
Potty mouth in front of kids or ladies, no one says a thing.
See someone stealing, no one says a thing.
Block the isle in the store with their cart in the only narrow spot on the isle, no one says a thing.

The list can go on for days. Now not everyone keeps their mouth shut, I sure don't (and people with me freak out and tell me to hush, don't start nothing Jay) but most people do/say nothing.

Everything just keeps getting accepted.
This hits the nail right on the head!!

Nobody says any thing so the miscreant thinks his/her/ actions are acceptable.

When it is wrong we need to being sheep and speak up.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote