Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2015, 03:52 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Wow...some folks complain about rules that exist and don't want them and others complain if they aren't enforced. Some folks fall in both categories.

So...you go to a place that has a 10 year old RV restriction with your 12 year old, well maintained, mint condition RV. What should you expect?

A CG has a 35# limit on dog weight and your dog is 40#. What should you expect? Would you even tell them? Meanwhile the 25# yapper is allowed in. Fair? Prepared to get your scale out to prove your dog is "legal"?

Some CGs have firearms policies. Are you going to declare?

How many of you will gripe getting a speeding ticket for 5 MPH over the limit? It's a rule you know.

Come on folks...what are the correct answers? How many would hide the actual FACTS to skirt rules?

Let's face it...some rules are MEANT to be BENT for the good of all including the CG's income when there is reason to believe it will be a good outcome. At the same time the rules can be selectively used to weed out the problems.

Some of these responses are awful high minded and seem to think they are the only ones that follow rules.

Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2015, 05:51 PM   #30

There are rules then there are guidelines...
Old 03-20-2015, 07:14 PM   #31

I'm taking off my camping hat and putting my campground owner hat back on for just a quick comment. We have found over 30 years that most of our campers try to be considerate but there are always a few who don't care about anyone but themselves. What we try to do is a 3 step process.
1. a friendly reminder about our rules
2. a stern reminder about our rules
3. call the police since if they have been drinking, we can't put them out on the road.
This works pretty well for us as last year we had an almost perfect year with just a few minor problems. We live in our park and will get up at anytime and our campers know it's OK to knock on our door at any time.

One more point I'd like to make is when you read a review that starts with "We were just sitting there very quietly around the fire when the CG owner spoke very rudely to us and threatened to call the police" recognize the possibility that the CG owner was probably trying to enforce the rules. A few years back we had a really hard time with a family, including parents letting their underage teens drink and we did have to call the police. Hence, the bad review. I'll take the bad review anytime and hope that campers can read between the lines and recognize that review for what it is.

As CG owners, we really appreciate the 95% of folks who try to do the right thing. You're the reason we love doing what we do. Thanks.
mrebele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:28 PM   #32

Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Researching parks very well covers this for me. Jerks get tossed. Quickly.
Issues with troublers have been very few in the last many years.
It's the mgt that makes the diff.
Choose wisely, my friends!
YMMV.

And I politely say harrumph!
(My previous post above)
I know how things will be before I book the stay.
If I can do it, anyone can!
I don't complain, I plan.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:43 PM   #33

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Wow...some folks complain about rules that exist and don't want them and others complain if they aren't enforced. Some folks fall in both categories.

So...you go to a place that has a 10 year old RV restriction with your 12 year old, well maintained, mint condition RV. What should you expect?
#1 the owner of the campground sets the rules just as you set rules at your place. Most parks with the 10 yr rule are flexible about it if your rig is well maintained, but still it's their option.

Quote:
A CG has a 35# limit on dog weight and your dog is 40#. What should you expect? Would you even tell them? Meanwhile the 25# yapper is allowed in. Fair? Prepared to get your scale out to prove your dog is "legal"?
I would show them the dog and the temperament and let them decide yes or no. Their house, their rules.

Quote:
Some CGs have firearms policies. Are you going to declare?
If it stays in the coach where it belongs it's a non starter. Most gun owners don't go around announcing. Since I have a concealed carry permit, I would declare it and I would also show my CCP. DW too.

Quote:
How many of you will gripe getting a speeding ticket for 5 MPH over the limit? It's a rule you know.
Nope, never complain and never argue about it. I fess up right off, apologize, and take my medicine.

Quote:
Come on folks...what are the correct answers? How many would hide the actual FACTS to skirt rules?
Quote:
Let's face it...some rules are MEANT to be BENT for the good of all including the CG's income when there is reason to believe it will be a good outcome. At the same time the rules can be selectively used to weed out the problems.
Rules are the rules. Don't like them, don't go there. You can ask for an exception or flexibility, but you have to be willing to accept the decision of the owner of the property. Unless of course you are willing to let folks do as they please on your land.

Quote:
Some of these responses are awful high minded and seem to think they are the only ones that follow rules.
Many folks do. Some, and the number seems to grow every year, don't. I'm all about liberty and freedom. Just remember your liberty is in the hands of another when you are on their land.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:58 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Well on the those who strictly in-force the 10 year rule, lol I'll never spend my money there ...no problem .. Don't let some idiot ruin your day . I'm fixin to be a great grand pa at 57 !!!! WTH do the math....
Safe-T-Plus
Pa Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:25 PM   #35

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
PA Miller - Are you part rabbit?

Congrats!!

If that's your rig in the avatar then I suspect no one would challenge you on the 10 year rule.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:18 PM   #36

Unfortunately the answer to the OP's question is relatively simple. Just like in all things some people break the rules because the rules go against what those people want to do, and some people break the rules unintentionally, either because the didn't read/know what the rule are, or are so self absorbed they don't realize or care what their doing is breaking the rules. Either way it's annoying to those that follow the rules.

Mike H
Bubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 03:32 PM   #37

In many campgrounds, the "management" goes off duty after dark, leaving a work-camper on duty to check in the late-comers. Most of the work campers I've talked to do not feel empowered to enforce the rules once a camper is on their site; in most cases the management looks the other way anyway when they are present.

Some of the worst rule "benders" are the long-term residents of the campgrounds. How often, after checking in at the office do you then drive to your site and see large unleashed dogs roaming around, trucks parked haphazardly in the roadways and neighboring sites, those godawful "headlights" on the sides of the RVs (and more recently those LED strips) left on all night, etc.?

Last night, at the park I'm staying in, we heard an obscenely loud radio, so we casually walked by to see what was going on. It turned out that a truck, outfitted with the latest noisebox was parked in front of a trailer with their doors open so the owners, sitting inside the trailer, could hear some music as they partied. This particular park has no late-night staff that we could contact, so all we could do was hope their batteries ran low or someone would eventually take off in the offending truck.

For a while I made a point to post reviews of the worst of these parks, but lately it has become more and more difficult to even find a park that hasn't become like one of "those".
Guanaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:24 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
I like Sky Boss's take on rules. I realize that most of the rules I see posted are in place for the "greater good" ... however, I also realize that many posted rules are simply somebody's attempt to try avoid a repeat of bad situation sometime in the past. The "no RV's over 10 years old" and the "no dogs over 35 lbs" rules are not there because the powers that are have untoward love of late model RV and small dogs. I'll certainly respect the rights of anybody who posts rules to enforce them as they see fit - but, I certainly not taking every rule I read in the small print literally either.
SpaceNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:43 PM   #39

2 points
First I hope no one ever learns whether I have a firearm or not. That would only happen in an serious situation.
Second, a few years back we were at a commercial cg in the Fla Keys. Most residents were full season occupants. They had a weekly Karoke night which went on till well past 2 am. I called the manager's phone number and got no answer. Called the owner's number and got an answering machine. The following AM I went to the office and the manager agreed about the loud music, saying it kept her awake also! Karoke ruined a whole bunch of my fav songs
PS Owner offered us 2 free days as compednsation, but nothing was done about noise so we did not accept