Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Wireless here too, put it on the mounting frame of the propane. Seems to work good mounted there and seems to be accurate. Jim
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #16

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler of california View Post
In what department at Walmart would I find this thermometer?

Nick

I have seen them in the Lawn and Garden and also in the Hardware section.

FWIW: I have a wired unit and since the wires where so small I ran it out the drivers door under the seal weatherstripping (between the metal and weather stripping). The overhang on our Class C worked out perfectly for a shaded spot to mount the temperature sensor.

On the inside I just used a screwdriver to tuck the wire up under the molding that runs around under the bunk. There is a small section (maybe an inch?) that is exposed, but it's not really noticeable.
Phobos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #17

Wireless , here too. I would think that no matter where you put a wired sensor that some place you will park and it will be in full sun. Zip tie and you can move sensor to the shade. Got mine at Costco.

Horizonchase; you are talking about a household type unit , or do you have one that was designed to provide mobile temps.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
I did the Walmart one as well(wireless) and zip tied it down in the generator slide compartment. It seems pretty accurate while traveling, but the last week while parked the sun was shinning on the front of the coach and it showed a higher temp.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:03 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to Gadget63 Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget63
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
I did the Walmart one as well(wireless) and zip tied it down in the generator slide compartment. It seems pretty accurate while traveling, but the last week while parked the sun was shinning on the front of the coach and it showed a higher temp.
I usually put the outdoor sensor on one of the inner tires or under one of the slides out of the sun when we are parked. Just try not to forget it when closing up.