Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #1

RV Camping in AZ

We are planning a 4 day RV camping trip in April in AZ. Any favorite spots for this time of year?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Lake Havasu City, Az is great in April. Not to hot or to cold. Just a perfect Temperature
1940 ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #3

Tortilla Flats outside Apache Junction is a nice place to stay.
Bob C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Well, the Grand Canyon would be an obvious choice. We favored the North Rim due to the topography...very surprised by the hills and forest. We stayed in Jacob Lake at the Kaibab RV Village - nice CG w/FHUs 30A service. From there, it was a very nice drive into the Park - lots of pull offs with spectacular views...no crowds. The drive around to the South Rim was interesting as well. We stayed in Williams at Canyon Gateway RV Park. Not a bad park and was fairly reasonable...FHUs w/50A service. We liked being close to town(buy your fuel in town...much cheaper) and we took a Jeep ride to the top of Bill Williams mountain(dirt and rocky). Very cool view.

The tour of Hover Dam was a highlight for us and although it was 115 degs., Bolder City and the lake were interesting. Lost Wages didn't appeal, so we skipped it and used the money for fuel. A visit to the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest was a nice stop on the way home. We missed a good portion of Arizona that trip and we hope to return to spend a couple months out there...we hope. Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #5

Solo Rvers Club
The North rim is spectacular! I was there last May 15th (when it opened) and there was snow, snow, and more snow! I was car camping and have a picture of me by the fire with piles of snow all around me! But, you will have to wait until mid May to enjoy it all. It is not open in April, sorry.
kmesaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Thanks for the info Jan and Bob. I cut and pasted your info into my Arizona file. DW and I are planning a trip to Arizona and your info is sure gonna be helpful.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1609 View Post
Thanks for the info Jan and Bob. I cut and pasted your info into my Arizona file. DW and I are planning a trip to Arizona and your info is sure gonna be helpful.
Enjoy your trip. Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #8

And in southern AZ is the amazing Karcher Caverns, historical Bisbee and
the Copper Queen underground mine tour, and the always fun Tombstone.
Don't go to Mexico, they will kill you.

Sequim Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #9

I like the views and scenery around Sedona, as remote and as far away from people as possible.

Flagstaff & the Grand Canyon are beautiful spots also. If you go to the GC be sure to visit the transparent, see-through walkway that extends way out over the canyon. That was quite the experience! When I went about 5 years ago the tribal members were still working on a paved road to the walkway. Check up on that before trying to drive your RV on a narrow dirt path.

You might also like to see the amazing Native American sites and ruins:

http://www.desertusa.com/ind1/ind_new/ind21.html

If you have kids, they could learn much at these places. I know you're only staying four days, but the Native American sites alone would give you an excellent reason to stay longer or return sooner. :-)
Old 03-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
if you like to boondock and have a toad .try north of presket az on hwy. 89 .i know thats how most people spell it .but if you live here thats how you say it .all the land around here is blm land or nat. forest. 14 days free then move 1/4 mile 14 more close to lots of stuff.with your toad .warm days cool nights have fun.
dan & cathy 2007 8.1 fleetwood 36' terra xl PRESCOTT
teera travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:14 PM   #11

The Tucson area has so much to see and do. There is the desert museum, Sabino Canyon, Old Tombstone and more. If you like to golf well there are too many courses to list. The weather in April will be warm, but doable. Have Fun
Alaska Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:23 PM   #12

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfiona View Post
We are planning a 4 day RV camping trip in April in AZ. Any favorite spots for this time of year?
We just left Phoenix on Monday. Temps were in the high 80°'s to low 90°'s. Way too high for this time of year!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:17 AM   #13

For the weather forecast, I use weather.com. Search Phoenix, AZ and look at the 10 day forecast.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping