Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #1

RV cover

I have bin looking at 5th wheel RV covers. Are they worth it and if they are witch one is the best. I live in Kansas do they last
gstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #2

I have the ADCO Designer Series cover for my trailer and it works great. Got it from camping world. The cover was purchased last April and made it through a hot, harsh Tucson summer with no signs of wear.
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am an advocate for covers all the same most people do not cover their rigs.

I use the ADCO designer series as well. I have covered my rig since new.

Do they last? I am on my third in ten years. I expect to get five years out of this one because they made significant improvements in the cover.

Are they worth it? I would not do without one and I feel my MH is protected. My rig looks new basically I wax at least once per year and cover it when not in use.

Some complaints I hear about covers:

They chafe, and that is pretty much true no matter how you secure them. Is the chafing harmful? Well not to my rig, I have buffed out any corner chafing easily.

It is a pain to take them on and off. Well I can put mine on and take it off by myself, I am 70 years old. However, we are seasonal so I do not do this except four times per year. If I did it every weekend, or every month maybe I would resent it I'm just not sure.

They rip. Sure they do, it is cloth drapped over some very pointy objects. Padding the protrusions helps a lot.

They deteriorate. A lot depends on where they are used, high winds, blazing sun pretty much deteriorates anything, even the sides of MH or RV's.

Mine has been under cover since May, I check on it every three weeks or so, do maintenence etc; It is clean under there, and shiny. No other rigs (15)at the storage area are covered they are dirty.

I'm getting ready for a new season soon.

Good luck on your decision.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42
I am an advocate for covers all the same most people do not cover their rigs.

I use the ADCO designer series as well. I have covered my rig since new.

Do they last? I am on my third in ten years. I expect to get five years out of this one because they made significant improvements in the cover.

Are they worth it? I would not do without one and I feel my MH is protected. My rig looks new basically I wax at least once per year and cover it when not in use.

Some complaints I hear about covers:

They chafe, and that is pretty much true no matter how you secure them. Is the chafing harmful? Well not to my rig, I have buffed out any corner chafing easily.

It is a pain to take them on and off. Well I can put mine on and take it off by myself, I am 70 years old. However, we are seasonal so I do not do this except four times per year. If I did it every weekend, or every month maybe I would resent it I'm just not sure.

They rip. Sure they do, it is cloth drapped over some very pointy objects. Padding the protrusions helps a lot.

They deteriorate. A lot depends on where they are used, high winds, blazing sun pretty much deteriorates anything, even the sides of MH or RV's.

Mine has been under cover since May, I check on it every three weeks or so, do maintenence etc; It is clean under there, and shiny. No other rigs (15)at the storage area are covered they are dirty.

I'm getting ready for a new season soon.

Good luck on your decision.
Would you buy the warrantee for the cover? I just bought the universal fit ADCO cover with a 4 yr warrantee. I was told the same tyvek material is used on the lightweight AND the medium weight covers. The medium would have cost over $600 on sale and supposed to last for 4 yrs and take about 4 weeks to get to me, while the lightweight was $322 plus the extended warrantee to equal the same 4 yrs. This doesn't make much sense. I bought the universal fit as it wouldn't be so tight to fit over the rv. Am I being flim flammed by Camping World or did I make a good decision? I live in the mountains of NC and am not ready to pay for an rv carport as of now.
Ruthie197 is offline   Reply With Quote