Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2017, 06:44 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
RV cover recommendations

Hello all... We are newbies with a Winnebago Trend 23' B, 'looking for recommendations on the best cover. We are based in North Coast Oregon. I see a bunch of options but I know experience is the best teacher so your help will be much appreciated... Thanks in advance,
Al, Leesh, Riley (75 lb Golden Doodle)
and Cody (15 lb Havanese)
AlLeeShaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2017, 06:55 PM   #2

2 winters so far using an Adco brand cover - just noticed 1 small hole over the windshield - looks like the end of a branch came down on it - windshield seems OK, luckily! Rest of the cover see,s like new - rig still clean under it... ST

2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P, 1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC, 1989-1993 Tents!
Loggenrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:31 PM   #3
IC2

Can I suggest that being the end of winter, that you take your time before you buy a cover. There are several brands available from various sources but all from my research and use are assembled from the same materials though of different versions - and most made in China. My personal luck with whatever brand is terrible with no more the 3 years use with patches after the second. Others have better and then there are those that have worse luck. Needless to say, after the last $400+ debacle, I've given up, do a good cleaning,inspection and seam seal and leave the 5er nekkid over our usual snowy winters then do a good wash in the spring (--- if it ever arrives this year)
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:38 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"AILeeShaw"......I will tell you that a cover is a pain. If you plan on parking the coach for the winter (winterizing it) I would say, get a cover and protect it through the bad weather. If you intend on using the coach once a month, a cover becomes a pain. You come home from a trip, tired and need to off load the coach. Then you have to fight with the cover. Soon, you'll quit using it and it becomes a waste.

Make sure you know what your needs are and that you'll be willing to stick with putting it on and taking it off before you buy one.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:39 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
best way to ruin a paint finish is cover it, wax it twice a year
jimbo2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:02 PM   #6

Invest in a pole barn to cover your coach. Best money ever spent.
BACKDRAFT161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:41 AM   #7

We purchased Camping Worlds covers and they tore right away, there are some lower priced brands on Amazon.
pdxsparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:00 AM   #8

I purchased a ADCO cover three years ago. It is for a 26 foot RV, Our RV is 24 foot. Would have been too tight. Had to repair some of the tears that covered the rear ladder and front of cab. but still hanging in there. The hardest part is folding it up and placing in the bag.
sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:08 PM   #9
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
"AILeeShaw"......I will tell you that a cover is a pain. If you plan on parking the coach for the winter (winterizing it) I would say, get a cover and protect it through the bad weather. If you intend on using the coach once a month, a cover becomes a pain. You come home from a trip, tired and need to off load the coach. Then you have to fight with the cover. Soon, you'll quit using it and it becomes a waste.

Make sure you know what your needs are and that you'll be willing to stick with putting it on and taking it off before you buy one.
100%

Besides they are generally heavy and awkward to get on and off, and unless you get it on straight and taut it will rub against your painted corners. You can find RV sheds as cheap as $2k. Much better idea, just drive under it and forget it.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:52 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for cover info

Thanks much... it's comforting to know we have access to experience ... Your comment about buying a bit larger is interesting... I see the option of "up to 24 feet" and then there is the next size up, I think to 26 feet. I would think exact would be good (our Trend measures 24 feer) but tyou are suggesting bigger is better, right?
Old 04-10-2017, 11:07 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks very much... you might remember your first shinny rig that came with all the hope keeping it spiffy. We live in Oregon and the weather can make things old quick so a cover came to mind as some tactic to slow the aging process. Your comments are good food for thought...
Old 04-11-2017, 04:03 AM   #12

ADCO cover for my Winnie ERA. Protects her from blazing sun and heavy rains in South Florida. Sure an effort to put on and take off, but worth it. As far as size, fits like a glove with some wiggle room to spare. Very happy with it. Bought on Amazon.
mrfuni is offline   Reply With Quote