Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #29

I use the ADCO cover and it is not that big of a job to put on or off. Just have to have a calm day. Can do it by myself but a helper is nice. Mine is rolled up with the front marking on the outside, carry it to the roof, roll it out front to back and drop the sides down. I have foam pipe insulation tubes cut in different lengths to cover sharp corners, etc. Keep them in place with a little piece of tape. Mine has to sit from November to March and anything to keep the elements off is good. If you buy a cheaper cover that's exactly what you have. Did you buy the cheapest RV? Probably not. I wish we had covered storage around here, but alas, no one has built one yet. Just finished giving the unit a top to bottom scrubbing today. Nothing like a nice and clean and shiny TT. Once again before covering and it's ready to go in March. Safe travels.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2014, 12:37 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
sage advice
Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:46 PM   #31
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
RV covers are waaaay too much trouble for me!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:13 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We have one made from ADCO that is lightweight Sunbrella. Very soft but strong. Very happy with how it behaves.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:29 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Somebody already said it...better than nothing. 'Cuz nothing means sun damage to decals, roofing, gelcoat, window dressings, seals...etc!

Click image for larger version

Name:	0810131224a.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	569.0 KB
ID:	60841

Name:	0810131225.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	774.8 KB
ID:	60842
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:53 AM   #34

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1398250233.295195.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	649.9 KB
ID:	61190

Covers are a must! We have an Adco cover works great... Not hard to put on or take off...helps with a second person assisting!
Jim Estes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:16 PM   #35

Been using covers for 6 years no problem. Just buy a good one. I put it on and take it off by myself. Stays on all winter long.
Danjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:22 AM   #36

I have one that I used last year and a few of the eyelets ripped out because of some high winds. Winter came in quick this year and I never got it on. Once snow was on the roof it never got warm enough to melt it off and so it didn't get used this year.
I would say its worth having and just make sure you strap it down good minimize and loose flapping material. I bought tarp clamps that grab the edge if the material and allow me to add extra tie downs.
Until I get a barn I can park out in I plan to use my cover during the winter.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:38 PM   #37

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have a question for “Dennis45”. How did you make out with the warranty on your cover?
I bought an Adco last year and like it, however I have to undo too many straps to get into it, in order to start it and the generator every month.So far mine has not torn but I will see what this winter brings.
I just wrote to Adco today and suggested that they put another strategically placed zipper on the passenger side so you just have to unzip instead of loosen 4 straps to get in. I went online and see that Classic Accessories ‘Permopro’ makes one that seems to have the door zippers in the right place so you don’t have to loosen straps. Anybody out there have a Classic Accessories ‘Permopro’? If I had seen that before I bought the Adco, I would have bought that.
The Adco only has 4 zippers and only on the passenger side. The Permapro says it has 5 zippers on both sides.
Gerryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 03:51 PM   #38

cover

We have a adco tyvek cover , and our rig is 30 Feet so we bought a 29 to 32 feet cover
I was to large and to little straps so its hard to tie things down , we have installed it for 3 weeks now and we have already some tear on the cover and some holes in the cover.

Here in Netherlands we have winds all the time and rain at this moment its was not worth the money.
Ripp easy thin cover

cees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:58 AM   #39

I think if others have results that match mine, where you store the covered coach is going to have a lot to do with your success regarding a cover.

The first time I used ours (a nice fitting Adco with zipper for entrance door) it was in an environment that exposed it to a LOT of wind on occasion, whenever a front moved through coming from the west. The nylon cord I used to secure the cover held fine for the most part, but there were several areas on the bottom of the coach that had the paint rubbed right off from the constant movement in a stiff breeze.

Now, it's locate in a fairly well sheltered location, and the tie down straps aren't even necessary. Obviously, this is going to work out MUCH better!
Old 12-17-2014, 07:01 AM   #40

Big NO!

NO & NO.
Czar Of Poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:48 AM   #41

Newmar Owners Club
ADCO covers on both of our units MH and 5th wheel. Won't do without them.. Don't mind cleaning the units just don't want to have to deal with filthy units to clean. When it's time to trade or sell I always get top dollar for all my stuff. Love the new ADCO covers gutter bags. Don't have to deal with stuck on taped noodles or pipe wrap. The throw under weighted strap assists are also great. The MH cover needed a longer strap for the front wheel and ADCO provided it at n/c, great service.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:08 AM   #42

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Better to invest in a metal carport, canvas canopy or pole building to protect the roof of the RV.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote