Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ischua View Post
The Proctor-Silex 4quart slow cooker is 11" high with a dia of 10"
On a personal level I have never used a crock pot in the MH. I prepare the food at home and pack in foil pans. They heat well on the gas grill
We'll likely pick this one up. Only $15 through Amazon!

--Sam

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #16

If it needs to fit in the sink to clean it, just get those inserts. Reynolds Wrap Slow Cooker Liners - Best Price

Love them!

Old 07-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #17

You might consider a slow cooker / rice cooker combo. Ours is 5 qts but is more vertical. Plus we can use it for a variety of rice dishes as well as crockpot dishes. We have 5 kids between the age of 12 and 16 so we need the larger size and enjoy the flexibility of having only one appliance. It's also lighter weight than our crock pots at home.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:05 PM   #18

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_nda_sand View Post
If it needs to fit in the sink to clean it, just get those inserts. Reynolds Wrap Slow Cooker Liners - Best Price

Love them!
I like that idea but not the website. It tried to put six cookies other than its own on my computer when I tried to check it out. I'm sure there are other places that carry the liners.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz...

I like that idea but not the website. It tried to put six cookies other than its own on my computer when I tried to check it out. I'm sure there are other places that carry the liners.
You can get them at most any grocery store. Makes cleanup a snap.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #20

Sorry about that, I just googled them. They are amazing!
Old 07-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by smasiello View Post
My wife and I recently bought our first RV and are starting to get some stuff to stock it. One thing we would like to get for it is a crock pot. The 5 quart crock pot we have at home is too big as the coach has a double sided sink. We saw a 2 quart crock pot at Walmart today which was more vertical than horizontal that would fit in the sink, but I don't think it will be big enough to feed both of us and our little girls (5, 3, and 1).

Does anyone have any recommendations on good "vertical" crock pots which fit well in RV sinks?

Thanks in advance!

--Sam
Are you concerned about washing the crock pot or do you want to put it in the sink to cook while on the road? If cooking while traveling, remember you'll have to run the generator...and make sure your CORD is long enough to reach from the outlet to the sink.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #22
2LT

Triple E Owners Club
Walmart stocks the crock pot liners.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #23

Ford Super Duty Owner
We use an Inverter (one I used for my lap top when at work) and I installed a 12V outlet near the sink. 12 Volts from chassis battery. Never worry while traveling, got our pot (smaller than S&B) at Big Lots. Removable insert, variable temp, all the comforts of home.
Drop in sink and go.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #24

Don't invest in a 2 qt. pot. It just isn't enough. I'd recommend a 4-5 quart Rival as it has a setting called Auto. It cooks on high for an hour and automatically switches to low for the balance of the time. If you're on the road with this on, I suggested putting in in the sink. As far as washing it, it fits in my RV sink but I usually use the Crock Pot liners, which are great.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #25
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
We had the same issue and found one at Target that was reasonably sized and fit in the sink.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #26

Quote:
My wife and I recently bought our first RV and are starting to get some stuff to stock it. One thing we would like to get for it is a crock pot. The 5 quart crock pot we have at home is too big as the coach has a double sided sink. We saw a 2 quart crock pot at Walmart today which was more vertical than horizontal that would fit in the sink, but I don't think it will be big enough to feed both of us and our little girls (5, 3, and 1).

Does anyone have any recommendations on good "vertical" crock pots which fit well in RV sinks?

Thanks in advance!

--Sam
Congrats on the new RV and I understand your question regarding the sink, you want to place it in the sink, plugged in, so it is cooking while you drive. I would measure the sink and search the internet, most discriptions will list the size.

There is a Blog on Woodalls discussing crock pots, may you could post this question there as well?

Slow Cooker; Crock Pot - Woodall's Campgrounds, RV Blog and Family Camping Blog : Woodall's Campgrounds, RV Blog and Family Camping Blog
Old 07-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #27

Quote:

Thanks in advance!

--Sam
My recommendation is to use the one you have because it fits your needs, and you already have it! When it is empty, wipe it out with paper towels or newspaper, and wash it outside with dish soap or baking soda and water.
I wipe everything before washing in the RV sink anyways, and if it doesn't fit, I wash it outside, or in the laundry sink at an RV park. If you don't have access to water outside, just put a little water from the RV into it, and wash it out, dump the water into the sink, put a little more water to rinse it, dump that and you're done.

And am I ever glad I stopped in here to find out there are crock pot liners! Even better.
And I had no idea you could cook in the sink! Don't think I'll do that, though my sink is big enough, but at least now I know I can. Good tips here.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #28

National RV Owners Club
How interesting about the slow cooker liners. I never even knew such a thing existed. We don't do a lot of crock pot cooking but we'll be sure to pick some of those up. The link in one of the posts, for soap.com is cool. The company is one of my clients from work and they have an incredibly high tech, almost 1 million sf distribution center here in Northern Nevada. Robotic devices bring whole shelves of product to pickers who then pick it for shipping.

Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote