Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2016, 06:04 PM   #1
WDW

RV Dealer Elizabethtown, KY

We had a problem with our towing set up when we arrived in Pigeon Forge last week.

(The issue was with our new roadmaster spare tire carrier and cross threaded pin/bolt that goes through the receiver that we wanted to remove so we could move it in further to take some of the slack out. Unfortunately when it was installed back home someone cross threaded it and that resulted in the bolt breaking inside of the hitch as we attempted to remove it.)

The solution was pretty simple either drill this receiver in bolt out or take the hitch off and put it on a lathe and drill it out that way. But alas none of the mobile RV dealers or anyone else but I talked to in Pigeon Forge felt they had the time of day to help me.

So I called ahead to our next destination in Elizabethtown Kentucky and spoke to the service manager at Skaggs RV last Friday. He said bring it in first thing Monday morning we'll see what we can do to get you folks straightened out. Of course the problem with this broken bolt resulted in my DW having to drive Jeep separate from the RV for the trip of around 250 miles.

Now here comes the important part…

I wish I lived closer so that anytime I needed service work I could bring my RV to Skaggs in Elizabethtown. The gentleman in charge and the guys out in the shop made my problem their problem.

They came right out and said after looking the whole situation over that this little problem is NOT going to beat them and getting this bolt out is not going to be something they couldn't handle!

The first thing they did is put the coach in such a place where they could work on it and supply power so that we could cut the air-conditioners in so that the kids and DW would stay comfortable while they worked on the coach.

I can't begin to tell you the helpless feeling we had when folks who are in business IN PIGEON FORGE to perform RV service didn't want to be bothered and then to find some people who are truly nice folks who went out of their way first thing on Monday morning to straighten out my little problem is a super awesome feeling.

So I wanted to share the story with you about a great RV dealer in Elizabethtown Kentucky called Skaggs RV.

We also went out of our way to stop at the Chamber of Commerce and told them our story so that they could hear how local business stood up and stood out for folks visiting their town.

There's a bunch of stuff to do in this area and this works is a great Basecamp to be here in E-town as the locals call it.

I want to share my full endorsement and recommendation that if you can do business with these nice people at Skaggs RV I think it would be a great place to take your RV to get work done. What I found impressive is that they had a whole supply of Onan generator parts and they have someone who works for them they can service generators.

Just my story. Hope you're never in that situation where you have a helpless feeling when you look for folks in the business to come to your aid and they won't bother and then when you find folks who do, and you know how darn good that feels to find decent honest good people.

2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH
2015 Jeep Roadmaster AT. tow bar with RVI2 supplemental.

Taking in the sight wherever our Trolley takes us...
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2016, 07:20 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Always good to hear good news! Glad you found someone who cared. That is getting very rare these days.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 06:40 AM   #3

American Coach Owners Club
Glad you had good luck, they still owe me for a light bulb I paid for, actually bought several and one of the boxes was empty. They assured me they would send it to me but alas no bulb in a year and two phone calls got nothing, not a big money deal but aggravating.

E-town is a good spot for the bourbon tour and Ft. Knox.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:15 AM   #4
WDW

We went to the FT and Patton Museum. Couldn't find the free gold samples ...😔

2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH
2015 Jeep Roadmaster AT. tow bar with RVI2 supplemental.

Taking in the sight wherever our Trolley takes us...
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, tow