First, forgive me for 'sic' errors--boondocking on a Droid.
First, the appearances of a plot, then the specifics:
I appear to have stumbled onto a kickback scheme between a Good Sam Extended Warranty--QBENA insurance claims manager and BYoung. At the very least, this much is true:
A. Good Sam got my money for extended warranty insurance (and vehicle insurance & Roadside & Membership & Camping World business...)
B. BYoung RV got paid to fix a problem under our purchase agreement..and...got paid AGAIN..for the fraudulent $2500 claim in 2011, which never fixed it, cuz now we know---they had the wrong springs on the jacks (~3-4" too long!)
C. And I ended up with ~$13,500.00 in receipts directly related to this problem.
Both are now implicated in insurance fraud across 3 states, so far, and wire fraud.
1. Last August when the fraud was discovered with the claims agent, I asked to speak with someone from the underwriter's (QBENA) fraud unit.
2. A guy claiming to be the middleman between QBENA and Good Sam called back aggressively accusing me of not notifying them since 2011, when it occurred. Of course, GS never followed their internal procedures, never notified me, and I was in surgery, chemo and radiation for 8 months during that time. I sent him emails and docs to show blatant lying and he said Good Sam just stops doing business with shops like this and gets their money back.
3. Last September, before heading out to meet a tech specialist, I emailed this guy to confirm they stopped doing business and got their $2500 back as he claimed they would.
He responded to my email, said he'd get back to me...and never did.
4. This past week, BYoung, in my latest settle-up requests, says they are still processing claims with GS. So I call "the middleman" to verify.
5. He says he submitted the problem to their inderwriting group and they felt I was at fault..heh..heh..because I should have told them when I bought the policy that this item was listed on the purchase agreement ...when I replied, "That's not even logical!" (And no where on their application...)
-He then says, he spoke with BYoung and they convinced him this was a new problem [despite the emails and docs I gave him to show them lying "in writing."]
-I respond, "If you were willing to accept this was a "new and valid" problem under warranty, why didn't you set me up to have it fixed at another shop instead of saying you could not help me get the problem fixed?
Why did you not get back to me in September like you said you would in that email?"
He then offers to write me a check....yeah ...but...uh...no...we are way beyond that now being stuck 6 months in a park ($3000) gas & lodging to the tech (~$2k)...etc..
I press him to give me the number to who 'They---the underwriting group"
And....drum roll ...he says...
He is the [QBENA International] underwriting group who made the decision
HE IS ONLY A CLAIMS MANAGER!!!