Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #1

RV entertainment center

We are having a heck of a time with our concertone entertainment center. Has anyone had theirs repaired succesfully, and where? wE CAN BUY NEW, BUT THEY ARE $600. AND OURS IS ONLY A LITTLE OVER A YEAR OLD IN OUR 2012 FIFTH wheel. also have read a little that one bought and replaced just break again. What other brands are out there that are good and will last longer than a year

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This applies to most all electronics.. You said it is only a little over a year old.

I have never seen the manufacturer's expressed warranty on those but it is likely eithe 90 days or 1 year,, But at the end of the warranty it says "You may have other rights which vary from state to state"

Your state's attorney General can refer you to the consumer protection agency in your state and THEY can explain those rights to you.. I can not.. And if I could then I may not (Lawyers get nasty when lay folks give out legal advice unless said legal advice is "Hire a lawyer").

The Attorney General.. He (or she) already works for you.

The Federal GUIDELINE is that they should last at least the lesser of thier anticipated life or 4 years. (or the greater of the 4 years of the expressed warranty if longer). As I said, this applies to most all electronics, Many other things too.

However the guidline is not law (Called the Uniform Commercial Code) so to find out how it is implimented in your state,, You need professional help.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #3

What exactly is the problem with it? It might be something as simple as a loose wire or bad ground.
Thats the good and bad thing about electronics. They get cheaper or at least better each year and sometimes both. But typically not worth getting repaired. You can buy a flat screen TV for $600 that was over $1000 last year but if it quites working in three years its probably already outdated and more to repair than its worth. Same with Laptops. I really put that off for a long time because as soon as you buy one its obsolete within a year.
Anyway I would pull the radio out of the wall and check it out and see if you can see any loose wires first if you havent already.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #4

we did pull the unit out and all looks fine cd and radio works fine, when watching a dvd it freezes 3/4 of the way thro the movie. Thanks for input. I was just wondering what other units are out there if we have to replace it would rather put in one that will last longer than 1 yr.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #5

This won't help you a bit, but I have had several DvD players that would do that. All I have found to do with them is throw them away. I've had cheap ones and pricy ones. Same result.

If you can get into the housing itself, maybe you can find a computer store that can sell you the DVD section to replace.

Tom
Old 02-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #6

We went through five, factory told us they were throw away items, they did not want them back. Gave up and went to Wally World. Spent 128.00 bought a Sony home theater system, threw the speakers away and connected it up (same connections in back). Have not had any problems since. Another thing the 5th wheel warranty guy told me was, do not leave a DVD disk in the player when you travel. The five Concertone's, never had a DVD in them when we traveled. Just for smiles and giggles, I left one in the Sony three times traveling about 2000 miles, have not had any problems.

Hope this helps and God bless
Mike
Old 02-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #7

We replaced our entertainment system ... if I read this correctly ... the receiver that runs tv, dvd, sat/cable, etc. First we bought a sony blue ray system and it would not work with our Samsung speakers. OR we got 2 bad sony boxes ... we returned the first for another sony and after 2 weeks just returned it completely. Bought a Samsung blue ray system and it has worked PERFECTLY from day one. ???? Don't know if this will help, but we just went through this from Jan. to now.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #8

did u buy just a regular dvd system, not 12v? Can u still use your cd and radio thro the genesis unit? Our radio and cds play really nice, and of coarse it all goes thro the speaker system in the trailer and we don't want to lose that to be able to play dvds
Old 02-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #9

Visit a car audio place, lots of stuff to see...
Old 02-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkolson3 View Post
We are having a heck of a time with our concertone entertainment center. Has anyone had theirs repaired succesfully, and where? wE CAN BUY NEW, BUT THEY ARE $600. AND OURS IS ONLY A LITTLE OVER A YEAR OLD IN OUR 2012 FIFTH wheel. also have read a little that one bought and replaced just break again. What other brands are out there that are good and will last longer than a year
A repair will probably not be worth the time or money. You could go with something from Jensen. It wouldnt fit perfectly so you would need to create some kind of trip piece to fill in the gaps.