Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #1
RV expert already?

So. I'm sitting here thinking. Which can be dangerous to the sanity of the neighborhood in general.

And I'm thinking I'd like to post a question about the motor home or systems. But I can't think of anything to ask or research. So. I sez to myself, "Perhaps you should write a book. You ain't got one question so you must be the subject matter expert."

Decided to go out and button up the motorhome for the night. Can't find the keys. I've looked in the truck, the shop, the office, everywhere.

So now I have a question. Wheres the dayem keys?

Life in the Slow Lane.
U.S. Navy, Retired
SKP #111927
SteveCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
You will find then the 'last' place you look!

2009 38' Diplomat
CSM- retired, wife as co-pilot
Reka & Ali providing security (our 2 labs)
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:02 AM   #3
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I solved the key issue this way, went and bought Trimark blanks and had a key made for every keyring to every vehicle we own except the boat and 2 lawn tractors. The way I see it, if I lose them all I won't, and don't need to be, driving. Guess I should take care of the boat and lawn tractors tommorrow.
Steve & Cheryl w/3rd Crewmember Peanut, Our Deerhead Chiuaua
2000 Winnebago Adventurer 35U F53, V10 Gasser,Safe T Plus
2004 Wrangler Toad via Stowmaster 5000, BrakeBuddy Classic
Marriage is a relationship in which one is always right and the other is the husband
new2RVn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:50 AM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Wow your post just made me remember that I was outside a few hours ago and had a set of keys in my hand... then I had to think where they went to... oh yeah it was chilly out so I put a robe on that was close by and the keys are in the pocket of that robe... now where the heck is the robe??? HAHAHA I found it, it was where I tossed it LOL.

My mom was a nightmare with keys... some say it is genetic, I have had a few close calls with losing keys LOL....if I told you the stories of my moms key issues you would not believe... but if you need a good laugh, read on, I will give you an example or two...

Always the good mom, she travels 300 miles to help me out when I had a new business, then she leaves a few days later... I look all over and cannot find my big (and only) key chain with every key I need to operate.... SURPRISE! Mom took them home with her! By the time I got her on the phone (no cell back then) it was that night and then she had to overnight mail them to me the next day... sooooo yes it was horrible, three full days without all the keys I needed.... BUT it was not the last time she got keys from me LOL... fast forward a year or so, my oldest daughter was moving here and my mom nicely offers to drive with her... she had a moving truck and a trailer with her car on it... so they got here safely and we unloaded etc. and the moving truck had to be back monday morning... so sunday night I put the keys to the moving truck right next to the coffee maker so that the guys who were running the truck back for me would find them early in the morning and not have to wake me up for them.... WELL... I got woken up.... they cant find the keys... not next to the coffee maker... What the heck????? WELL... you guessed it, MOM left in the middle of the night so she drive the 300 miles and could get back in time for work... when I finally got her on the phone that day, YUP, she had the keys to the moving truck in her jacket pocket...

WHY OH WHY? I asked her...

SOOO I had to call the uhaul and explain the situation... they were very nice about it and did not charge me for the two extra days the truck and trailer sat parked while we waited for overnight mail again ... OH, and not just parked at my house or out of the way somewhere, oh nooooo, PARKED RIGHT SMACK IN FRONT OF THE ENTRY DOOR TO MY BUSINESS/BUILDING!!! (about 2 feet from it!!))) Blocked it all up for two days. Geezzz...

ANd just when you think it cant get worse and you may be peeing your pants laughing ... here's the last example ... this time she flies away on vacation and rents a car... she is near the airport to come home but has a few hours to kill before her flight... so she decides to do some last minute shopping near the airport... she finds a shopping center and gets out of the car and decides she cannot risk losing her pocket book and ID so she gets the idea to lock it in the trunk of the car and just take her wallet in the store with her... at least she is aware of her problem with losing things.... so she tosses her keys in the purse and throws the purse in the trunk... and she goes shopping... does not realize what she did until she went out to the car to go to airport.. so YUP she missed flight waiting for car to be unlocked... she had to pay for extra day of car, night in hotel and to rebook flight for next day!!!

SOOOOO guess what, I made up a name for her.... KEY-TASTROPHE LOLOL.

Sadly she passed away suddenly at 59 years old and we miss her dearly but it is some of the funny stories that keep memories fresh and make us laugh, help forget the sad stuff. And I do worry every time i lose something that I got the gene from her, so it may only get worse as I get older!!! I have onstar in my car and keep a spare set of keys in the car so if I lose them onstar can open the door for me and I will have ignition keys, see, I am learning!

Here is the funniest LOST ITEM story i heard lately.... my sister had her husband put in a new toilet in the hall/guest bathroom ... the old one was not flushing good at all and it was old etc so she wanted to upgrade the bathroom sink and bowl ... he is a contractor so he says sure, he yanks it out, takes it out to his pickup, throws it in the back of the truck and BONK.... out rolls a big ORANGE!!!! He yells for her to come outside, she comes out with her son (12) to see why he is yelling, and her son looks in the truck and says OH I WAS WONDERING WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT ORANGE! Apparently he had one in his hand, used the bathroom and somewhere along the line it rolled in off the counter or back of the bowl and he claims he did not know it fell in the bowl he thought he left it somewhere else and couldn't find it. Kids!!! My niece dropped her cell phone in a friends bowl, the friends dad broke the toilet getting it out, they made her buy them a new bowl! LOL

Ok time to go to sleep, getting silly... hope you find your keys! LOL check the bathroom, pockets, trunk, down the couch, dog, those are some of the places I look.... OH NO THIS JUST MADE ME REMEMBER SOMETHING!!!! >.. I found my car keys yesterday morning, i didnt even know they were lost, till I looked outside to see what the weather was like, and on the table on the porch some dummy left their car keys outside all night , HEY WAIT A MINUTE... that dummy was me !!!! AGHHHH I AM REALLY BECOMING MY MOTHER HELP!!!!! Now this post is not so funny anymore! LOL.
cmvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:48 AM   #5
Originally Posted by R2Home View Post
You will find then the 'last' place you look!
and nearly always right where you left them!
1997 37' HR Endeavor, 275hp Cat, Freightliner
03 CR-V Blue Ox, Ready Brake
ahicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:49 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I always look in the fridge for lost items. Can't remember if I ever found them there.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #7
They're in the ashtray. At least that's where my spare set was that I looked ALL OVER for for days. Just happened to pull out the ashtray to use the cup holder and saw them laying there. Of course I got the Alzheimer comment from the DW. At least I found them before I had more made.
Bob Kulhanek 1995, 29 ft, Coachman Leprechaun, Ford E-350, EFI 460, 4.0 Onan Gen

If it won't budge, hit it harder or get a bigger hammer.
RLKBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #8
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I always look in the fridge for lost items. Can't remember if I ever found them there.

No, but there's a lonely looking cold beer in there. That will:
A) ...help you remember or
B) ...make you forget why you were looking in the fridge or
C) ...allow you to re-assess your priorities and discover that item you lost is not all that important anyway.
2002 National Dolphin LX 6356
Workhorse W-22 chassis
Don't believe everything you think.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #9
Well. Ya see. Ummmmm. Its kinda like this.

My truck key set has two, about 1 1/2" rings on it. Truck at one end. House, gate and shop on the other. Motor home keys are on a 1 1/2" ring. Soooooo. When I pick up my truck keys I always (reason unknown) hang one ring on my middle finger until I'm in the truck, shop or house.

I was on the way to the shop when I decided to lock up the motor home. I used the swampland intercom (yelled across the house) "You have or seen the Fleetwood keys?" The response I get is, and yes, she IS a smart azz, "Look right next to your truck keys." To which I reply, "Never mind."

Life in the Slow Lane.
U.S. Navy, Retired
SKP #111927
SteveCal is offline   Reply With Quote