Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-07-2015, 04:24 PM   #1
Smile RV Fire – “A Dog’s Tale – An Act of RV’er Heroism”

Hey all, last Thursday an RV fire broke out at the park we are at and our Dash Cam caught it right down to us and a few other RV'er taking action. We are glad we remembered the dash cam footage before it was overwritten. The video is narrated by myself recounting what took place.

Video is posted on our blog and takes place over 16 mins and yet, the dog was saved. (We still are not sure how she survived based on the time involved and the size of the fire as you will see.)

Per the fire inspector, this fire is believed to have been caused by a Norcold fridge that had a recall. To us, in our humble opinion, that surely seemed to be the case. The RV was a total loss and the owner was a full timer.

Three chemical extinguishers and three foam extinguishers along with two garden hoses were used to knock down the fire and keep it at bay until the fire department arrived.

Good Samaritans RV’ers: David & Brenda Bott, Jim Andrews, John (man in red) and Unknown "Man on Roof". Unseen is John’s wife Jone who brought over water at the end for the dog “Zoey” and to poor over my head to get the glass off of it as well as help flush my eyes.

We love the RV community that comes with this lifestyle this is an perfect example as to why RV'ers are great people that come together to help someone, or something, in need.

Here is the post...

RV Fire – “A Dog’s Tale – An Act of RV’er Heroism” | Outside Our Bubble

David Bott
Outside Our Bubble - Helping RV'ers from 2008
Full Timers From June, 2013 and loving it!
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2015, 04:57 PM   #2
Great that no one was hurt, and the dog made it out !!

2002 Diplomat 38 PDD ISC330
tomgagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 05:45 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Fire – “A Dog’s Tale – An Act of RV’er Heroism”

This stuff scares the heck out of me. Sure am glad I replaced my ticking time bomb with a Samsung residential!

It's awesome to see such caring people still exist. It warmed my heart to see that beautiful dog safe thanks to your efforts.

I keep a sign in my window that says, "Pet Inside, Break Window in Case of Emergency", for this very reason.

2005 Fleetwood Providence 39J
CAT C7 350, MP-8 Programmer

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 05:54 PM   #4
Kudos to you and the others that helped. I'm so glad that the dog was saved and no one was hurt. Hopefully, the owner had insurance and will be able to replace the rig.
Karen & Gary
Glamping is not for the faint of heart!
with furkids Gypsy & Cody &
traveling in a 2011 Ventana 3433!
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 06:15 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Don, Sandee & GSD Zeus. Gardian Wings earned are GSDs Gunny (7/11/15) & Thor (5/5/15)
2006 DSDP 4320, Spartan MM IFS, 2013 CR-V, Blue Ox Avail, SMI AF1, Samsung 197R Refer.
Sky_Boss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 07:34 PM   #6
Thank you! This is a major reason I love rving... such great people. You guys are the best. Thanks for sharing this and for taking action.
Wanabes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:41 PM   #7
Originally Posted by Wanabes View Post
This is a major reason I love rving... such great people
You surely can say that again. Great people wherever we go.
David Bott
Outside Our Bubble - Helping RV'ers from 2008
Full Timers From June, 2013 and loving it!
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:07 PM   #8
Way to go!!!
2015 24' Rockwood UltraLite 2304DS behind '14 Diesel Jeep Grand Cherokee/'04 Hemi Ram 1500. Equal-I-Zer 4-Point 1000lb sway control.
scottandanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:30 PM   #9
Winnebago Owners Club
Heros one and all. If I ever have an incident I hope that the group of you are there or at least folks like you.
Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 04:49 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What more can be said, just great actions by concerned RVers. A fantastic group to be associated with. Great footage, shows how well everyone worked together to help a fellow RVer. It just makes you proud knowing that people like you are out there. You put your safety aside to help someone in need. Very well done.

Bruce & Nancy
FMCA F280542
2004 Bounder 35E
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote