Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Furniture

My son bought a new TT last year and the couch is sagging and falling apart at the seams. Forest River says they will send his dealer a replacement piece of junk. ( That's what I think it is)I don't know how this couch would ever have been expected to stand up to a family's wear and tear. There is just the two of them and they treat that trailer like gold, so it never got any abuse. Can anybody suggest a good source for RV furniture, or would they be better off having what they have professionally reupholstered. I am open to suggestions. Thanks!

I PLAN TO LIVE FOREVER. IT'S WORKING SO FAR.
Akibase is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #2

I found this web site that looks pretty good
RV Furniture Seats Motorhome Sofa Bed Seatcraft RV Furniture Belmont
ab6725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #3
Community Administrator

There was another thread that posted this site. http://www.discountvantruck.com/

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #4

Solo Rvers Club
I am SO glad this question was asked! I didn't even know there were sites that sold rv furniture.....rookie...

So, I don't like my wobbly table and do like some that I have seen here today. The question is: Once you buy it and have it in your possession, how do you find someone to install it?
kmesaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Akibase. Is your son in Moncton area? There are a couple of decent furniture stores in the area. His couch may not be fastened to the floor in which case he can put in a new one without effort. If he buys a new one from a local store he can add a piece of wood to join the front and back legs and attach it to the floor with screws. There is a big furniture sale in Quispamsis for the next week or so and he might find something there. Buy Direct on Millennium Drive.
You are so right; anything Forest River sends to him won't be worth the shipping costs. I won't ever have another FR product. Lessons learned.
Mark
camperme2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab6725 View Post
Have you bought from them? I have. I cannot recommend purchasing this product.
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
There was another thread that posted this site. RV Furniture,Boat Furniture,Van Seats,SUV Truck Seats,Van Tops
Old 03-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #8
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
There was another thread that posted this site. RV Furniture,Boat Furniture,Van Seats,SUV Truck Seats,Van Tops
I have bought from discountvantruck.com. There were a lot of negative comments and a few positive comments i found on several sites. I took a chance and they delivered a great product. Better than the factory couch. I was verey concerned and not the best customer due to my apprehension. But they delivered two weeks early and we love the j lounge. Wife wants to replace the rest of the furniture and I will buy from them in a heart beat.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:11 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Taz, I have recently ordered from discountvantruck and so far only negative comments from another poster. Sure was good and a sigh of relief to see your posting. I will post how I do with my order from them. Very nice people to talk to, I must admit.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:59 AM   #10
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bruce, I was very surprised a week after delivery to get a significant credit applied to my card. Turns out shipping was cheaper than quoted and they credited it back to me. You don't find that kind of service these days. I don't doubt the othe peoples frustration. All I can figure is they must have had a change in staff.

I like their product so I hope that the tides have turned. Good luck.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:16 AM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkate View Post
Could you be just a tad more helpful and tell us who would offer satisfactory furniture in your opinion?
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Taz, thanks for the info as I am going to be buying new chairs in the next
few months and they are who i've found to be well priced. Bruce C hope to
here how your exp. turns out. Thanks BJ
bjcarpetguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
We had a Forest River fiver that we didn't like the couch. We went down to the local furniture store and found a real nice reclining loveseat for half the price of an RV couch. Most of the reclining couches, chairs and loveseats, the backs come off making it possible to get them through an RV door. The same applies with tables and chairs. Furniture made for RV's seems very expensive compared to regular furniture. It's kind of like why pay more for RV toilet paper when regular will work fine.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42 View Post
Could you be just a tad more helpful and tell us who would offer satisfactory furniture in your opinion?
Aside from Captain's chairs, great replacement furniture can often be found in ordinary furniture stores.

I understand that Flexsteel make good product, also Brad and Hall. I believe that Flexsteel is now available at Camping World. Villa offers excellent product. Our old furniture was Villa. We felt that it was excellent furniture, just needed re-upholstering. I think that re-upholstering is a very viable option.