Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
Rv Insurance

We are in the process of purchasing a used Newmar Dutch Star, are there any recommendations on Insurance Companies, and/or, extended service agreements?

Billythedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
We've had Progressive on the same coach for nine years. Have had several claims, always good service and reasonable rates.

Rick and Ann
Central Illinois
2013 Keystone Passport Ultra Lite 23RB
calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #3
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Are you going full time?
If yes the look for full times insurance.
If not it can be attached to your home insurance policy,
I have a 5ver and it could be different for a MH.
F/T 11/20/2012
Tumble Weed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I have been very pleased with both the premium and the service from GMAC
US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
My insurance is with GMAC through Good Sam. They were the best price for us.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Called Good Sam insurance the lady I dealt with checked four different company's including Progressive. GMAC was least expensive, plus you get a few extras included that other company's charge extra for. And if coach is going to parked for 30 days at your home residence you can call and park your liability & collision coverage and save some more $$
99 Hurricane 30Q
Idaho Rockhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #7
Been with GMAC for 11 years. Dropped them for two years when their service calls were routed thru India. Went back when they moved back to St. Louis. Great service, fair prices and fair adjustments. I have had two claims for uninsured motorist in 9 years. One for $60,000.00 and another for $5,685.00. The adjuster found things that I would have missed and included them in the claim. No increase in premium over the years in spite of the two claims.
'92 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager. Tweaked 5.9 Cummins, complete interior makeover (previous owner).
Coaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #8
Freightliner Owners Club
If your a member....AARP Hartford.
02 Fleetwood Discovery 37U, 330 Cat pulling a 2006 diesel Liberty..or..2011 4dr Wrangler..or..20' Lund Salmon/Halibut Hunter
csrrsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:57 AM   #9
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am checking also and currently have GMAC/GS on my fifth wheel and it was a great rate. When I started to get quotes for the new motorhome I was shocked that the GMAC/GS quote was $1,000+ more than Blue Sky. I have not checked Progressive, Geico or State Farm(home/car) yet.
Raymond, Dee Dee and Sophie (Yorkie)
2013 Tiffin Allegro 31SA
2016 Chevrolet Equinox - V6 - AWD
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:30 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
I just changed from GMAC, to Gieco and saved a bundle on an annual policy. My insurance is now, less than $1,000 a year, when it was previously about $1,400. Progressive, wanted $2000 a year.
Roland & Jerri, with Maggie & Mollie, our Pups; '05 Fleetwood Providence, 39' DP; '08 Saturn. "The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has it's limits" (Einstein)
gripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #11
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar
I went with Nationwide. Had Progressive for 15 years. No claims and policy increase for this year was $1100. Just bought a new extended warranty thru Wholesale Warranties of San Diego. Not inexpensive and is inclusive, but coach is 7 1/2 years old. 1st claim made for Turbo that was puking oil...$2800 and I had to pay $500 deductible. I have Platinum coverage from XtraRide.
2008 Jeep Sahara '4Dr"
Ronnie Bledsoe
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:29 AM   #12
Damon Owners Club
I just finish getting quotes from Gieco for DP and 4 other vehicles and showed that to our Progressive insurance agent and he had no problem matching Gieco price. I think they have lots of room to play with. The only thing I do not like about Progressive is they will not let me drop some of coverage when I put in storage for 5 months.
BRONCO2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #13
In the process now of looking for insurance for our new 2013 Allegro 36LA. Called 6 different companies and Geico was clearly the winner for price/coverage. We currently have Progressive but agent would not even return my call to see if they could match GEICO rates. Plus, I have an idealistic objection to giving Progressive my money since it's owner takes my money and donates it to political causes that I have no desire in funding. I'm more of a Warren Buffet type guy, so unless GMAC has a better deal, it's GEICO for my MH and 3 other vehicles.
John777Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #14
Freightliner Owners Club
Just got our annual MH renewal from Hartford. No change in premium, but they now include emergency road side assistance, repair and towing at no charge and no deductable. In comparing their program to Good Sams (which we have as well) the only difference is that Harford's coverage is only for the MH. Good Sams covers all your vehicles, trailers, motorcycles etc. Hartford's cost is $0.00, Good Sams cost is $139.95. Harford's total premium including comprehensive and collision up to $58,000 is $610.00/year with $50 deductable.

02 Fleetwood Discovery 37U, 330 Cat pulling a 2006 diesel Liberty..or..2011 4dr Wrangler..or..20' Lund Salmon/Halibut Hunter
csrrsr is offline   Reply With Quote