Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-03-2014, 05:27 PM   #15
Newmar Owners Club
RV Insurance

We too have just been through the process of getting our RV insured. At first we went with State Farm because they cover our home and our cars. Then I began to investigate only to discover that State Farm is significantly higher than the company we chose, Allied. Our SF agent told us that they were really in the business of insuring cars, not RV's thus the difference in the quote and yes, we were comparing apples to apples. We elected to go with Allied for half the price. We had also gotten a quote from National but they were even higher than SF. Now, let's first hope we don't need it but if we do let's hope it's everything we want it to be!

2015 Newmar Canyon Star
Kinston, NC
Gauke is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2014, 05:29 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Geico here.

RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
2005 Fleetwood Revolution
'12 Chevy 2500HD
'15 Airstream International Signature 27FB
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:53 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
State Farm vehicle insurance
Coach Net roadside insurance
We are happy with both.
Joseph and Sandy
Arizona Sunbirds

(Snowbirds in Reverse)
Winnebago Chieftain / Ford Hybrid Toad
Raining Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:11 PM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by PatStab View Post
I don't see prices by anyone, I got full coverage on my old 1992 American Eagle with Foremost a subsidiary I guess of Farmers now. I had to take pictures inside and outside of the whole motorhome before they would write it. Missed a couple and they were going to cancel, hope its good. Has towing and glass coverage. I'm paying $797 with a limit of $30k for the motorhome which is reasonable to me. As my husband says you realize anything happens they are going to likely total it for less. I may end up with liability, I just hate to lose all the money we have in it and wouldn't mind recouping some.

We have 3 cars insured with Famers, 2006 Saturn, my toad liability only, 2006 Lincoln Mark truck full coverage, and my 2013 Cadillac SRX, about $1100 a year so I think that's a pretty decent price. They have our house insurance.
We had to do the same things, Pictures and Pictures maybe 8 but ours is just under $800.00, and they agreed to give me what I asked for in case it was to get totaled.
I had to use them too a couple years ago. It was a Sunday night 10-11 PM on a very dark 2 lane Hwy. Middle of Nowhere in Northern Minn. I got over as far as I could with no power steering. I was 1/2 way on the HWY. I got out to put out the triangles and first step off the MH steps I dropped 2-3 feet I still get a sick feeling as I type.
A few vehicles passing right outside of the window.
We got a agent on the cell phone and she took the rains got all our info; like we just passed thru what town? how far away from the town.
She said she will call back in 5 minutes, 5 minutes she calls back with all the info, the Towing company will be there in 2 hours (they are 100 miles from us) So there we sat as cars and MH,TT go whipping pass us.
Tow truck shows up 1 1/2 hours later. He had brought his wife with a him and her car. Got it hooked up, Joe gets in the tow truck with one of the dog's and I got in the car with the wife with my little dog and off we went.
They towed us 87 miles to a repair shop and 8 miles from the cabin. Very nice couple and the agent did what she was taught. Customer service, 100% satisfied,with both the Tow Co and the Ins Co.
It ended up being both fuel filters were plugged.
The repair shop opened @ 9AM and we were on the road 1/2 hour later.
Sorry for the long post but I want to give credit where credit is deserved.
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:25 PM   #19
Carolina Campers
I just paid mine this week, Progressive Insurance, here is a copy of the declaration page

2004 Pace Arrow, Based on 47,610 value,

250,000/500,000/100/000 limits
750 deductible on Comp and Collision

Total Premium for 12 months was $455.00

tpdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:53 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We were with progressive before going full time. 955 per year with 30 days a year usage. I called Aarp / Hartford. Fulltime coverage, 500,000 across the board,
$500 per year approx.
I don't know why Progressive was so expensive.
40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:28 AM   #21
Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by PatStab View Post
I don't see prices by anyone.
Prices will vary by what state, county, number of drivers and driver history. That's why not many are posting numbers. It probably will not be the same for anyone.

When we were in MI our insurance was almost $1100, 2 safe drivers, full timing and all. Moved it to CA and it went down almost half with the same 2 safe drivers and full timing. Lots of variables to really post too many concrete numbers.
Motorcycle insurance almost doubled going from MI to CA so we still ended up with almost the same amount in insurance ... go figure.
Thom and Christine having fun in a 1993 Monaco Crown Royale Signature Series 40ft 300hp RV. Towing a Fiat 500 Abarth and a Harley.
Our blogged repairs and travels
PyrateSilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:16 AM   #22
Full time vs. part time use insurance costs..

Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
We were with progressive before going full time. 955 per year with 30 days a year usage. I called Aarp / Hartford. Fulltime coverage, 500,000 across the board,
$500 per year approx.
I don't know why Progressive was so expensive.
OK, I was wondering what the insurance cost difference was between full time living in the RV and part time usage. Does anyone else have quotes on part time vs. full time usage?

My wife and I are looking at living full time in an RV while we look for our future house.

Rob in Seabrook, TX

Plasticman is offline   Reply With Quote