Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2005, 05:40 PM   #1

Shopping for insurance for my motor home and just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on some of the different companys out there that
might have good prices and service. I have insurance now but think there has to be a better price out there. Any thoughts welcome
Willie

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2005, 05:40 PM   #2

Shopping for insurance for my motor home and just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on some of the different companys out there that
might have good prices and service. I have insurance now but think there has to be a better price out there. Any thoughts welcome
Willie

Old 01-12-2005, 06:13 PM   #3

Best coverage and value for your RV insurance dollar that I have found is:
http://www.rv-insurance.com/
Gilbert RV Insurance.

I am in the insurance business and I still buy from these folks. They have a very strong coverage policy and outstanding prices.

You must be VERY careful insuring your RV, if it is not a companpy that specializes in RV's you are probably NOT properly covered and missing LOTS of extra coverages.

Check them out and compare BOTH price and coverage.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:28 AM   #4

Thanks for the tip we are checking it out also

San Antonio, Texas
DanJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:47 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I'm currently using Explorer RV, another agency specializing in RV insurance. They put together the package that most closely suited my particular needs, but that might not be the best for you. Also, rates vary state by state, so the company with the best deal for me in Florida may not have a good deal for you in Delaware. In other words, you gotta shop and think carefully about the amounts and types of coverage you need/want. For example, if your RV is in winter storage several months/year, a policy that lets you suspend/reduce coverage during storage periods might save you a lot of money, even if the individual coverages cost a bit more than another policy.

Some other places to check prices & coverage are the Good Sam Club (don't have to be a member to insure through them), Progressive, and Miller RV Insurance (an agency), and RV America.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 05:06 PM   #6

The best thing about this site will always be that you can get advise without being put down for asking. I have progressive now and am paying 1450.00 for a year. I have great coverage and full cost replacement so may be why it is on the high side. Driving record is clean and been lucky as never had a accident for all the miles we have traveled. Was a pro driver for 36 years and like I say plain lucky as winter was a bear like so many places. Sorry did not mean to get off the subject just
trying to find a little better and will try some of the companys you have talked about. Again thanks for the info. Willie
Old 01-14-2005, 11:27 AM   #7

I just got a quote from GMAC (was advertised) in the Highway Magazine...they wanted $751 for six months...I now pay that much, for the same coverage, thru Allstate...shop around, there are millions of insurance companys and same amount of prices.

Happy trails
Old 01-16-2005, 10:32 AM   #8

Another good place to check is with RV Alliance America. Like Explorer, Miller and several others, they are a full line, independant agency that is licensed to do business in most states. And they will place you with the company that gives the best coverage for the price, of those that they represent. I like to get several quotes every other year.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:29 AM   #9

Get a bid from Twin Peaks and Progressive.

2004 DSDP 3807, 370HP Spartan
tmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 06:37 AM   #10

i sent in for a quote on the first compnay talked about and they will not write a fulltimer policy for Texas. I have GMAC and it is very high also.

San Antonio, Texas
DanJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 08:28 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
AARP/The Hartford is $641.00 per year for the agreed value of $70,000. for 2003 Itasca Sunrise 36m. Check them out if you are a member of AARP.